The Official American Idol Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by Theognome, Mar 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

:barfy:

2. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

Adam has a counter tenor voice, so I can't fault him for that. I thought last night the one who really bombed was Lil Rounds, with Chris a close second. Unfortunately, I suspect that Matt will be the one leaving.

Theognome

3. he beholds

he beholds Puritan Board Doctor

I was so mad at Gokey that I think he was the worst!
    Adam was great, but his song wasn't some radical rendition--it is the Gary Jules' version rather than Tears For Fears. I'm pretty sure Simon had never heard that version since he was ecstatic, for Simon, over Adam's version.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4"]Gary Jules Mad World[/ame]

4. Whitefield

Whitefield Puritan Board Junior

My bottom 3 ... Scott, Lil, and Chris ... and Scott will be saying goodbye.

5. Grace Alone

Grace Alone Puritan Board Senior

Kris didn't choose a great song, which was too bad. I think Scott will go tonight, though.

Jessi, great find on the Adam song! All I can say is, it was the perfect choice for his voice. And I am not going to criticize that voice, because God gave it to him.

6. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

So... you're a prophet?

Theognome

7. Whitefield

nah .. I just threw a lot into my lap.

8. Beth Ellen Nagle

Beth Ellen Nagle Puritan Board Senior

:lol:

-----Added 4/8/2009 at 11:54:53 EST-----

Scott is the most boring singer I have ever heard! :judge:

9. Whitefield

He always sounded flat to me.

10. ColdSilverMoon

ColdSilverMoon Puritan Board Senior

Scott was the right person to go home last night. Unless she really brings something we haven't seen yet, Lil is gone next week. This competition is Adam's to lose at this point...

11. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, his stage presence was a negative number. But as a singer/songwriter he would do well- provided he performs in a small setting. He just doesn't fill a stage.

Theognome

12. he beholds

he beholds Puritan Board Doctor

We love Gary Jules' song, so we were pumped to hear someone do it! We were just kind of indignant that Adam seemed to get the credit for it. He sang it very well, no doubt, but it wasn't a stroke of genius.

13. Michael Doyle

Michael Doyle Puritan Board Junior

Adam, would it be possible for you to please stop being so reserved and give us what you really think. :lol:

14. ReformedWretch

ReformedWretch Puritan Board Doctor

lol, sorry that's just what I hear when I hear the guy sing. I've said he's talented it just his style is clearly NOT for me.

15. Craig

Craig Puritan Board Senior

I completely agree...Tears for Fears didn't seem to write music that fit the lyrics, and Jules made it great...something you don't say to often about covers. I first heard that version in Donnie Darko.

I thought Adam performed it decently, but those bits he "made his own" didn't seem to fit the song.

My favorite from that night, though I wasn't a fan of the song...Matt G.

16. Grace Alone

Grace Alone Puritan Board Senior

I totally understand. I had never heard the Gary Jules version, so hearing Adam sing it first made me like his performance of it better. I suspect that is how the judges felt.

17. Skyler

Skyler Puritan Board Graduate

This thread hasn't been locked yet? Surprising.

18. Richard King

Richard King Puritan Board Senior

I am with you brother.

19. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

Well, there's still two more months of the show until it's done. I suppose there's still a few mods willing to show us mercy.

Theognome

20. ReformedWretch

There's always been discussion about this show on the PB, for as long as I can recall any way.

21. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

This is a tough one.

Who is going tomorrow? I see two strong contestants vying for last place this week- Matt and Lil. Matt's performance was simply too ordinary, while Lil was extremely pitchy and all over the place. As good as she did in Hollywood to get attention, I'm seeing her as a 'one hit wonder' and that, as an artist, she has no identity. Matt is consistent, but is just not the vocalist that the other guys are. Between the two, I'd rather see Lil go- I don't see any point in prolonging her (or our) torture.

Theognome

22. ReformedWretch

they'll use the save for Lil

23. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

I dunno. If for some reason Anoop ended up in the bottom spot, I don't think they'd hesitate to use it. But for five weeks straight the judges have told Lil (and rightly so) that she's just not cutting the mustard. And her little diatribe after Simon spoke didn't help her chances of a save.

If Matt is on bottom, it would be miraculous if they used it for him.

Theognome

24. NaphtaliPress

NaphtaliPress Administrator Staff Member

No one's complained, don't see no heresy, the moderators haven't been maligned (i.e. no one's poked the bears), it's not interminable, it's in the right forum (i.e. the inane ... er, I mean, the entertainment and humor forum): No harm no foul.:judge:
    Carry on.

25. Whitefield

:ditto:

26. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable

I am getting more and more annoyed that Idol runs over its allotted time slot, thereby hosing up my recording of Fringe that follows. Thank goodness for Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. so I can at least catch the last ten minutes of Fringe. I am just sayin'. ;)

27. ReformedWretch

That annoys me too! I had to set my Tivo to record 15 minutes over time for Fringe.

28. Theognome

Theognome Burrito Bill

So they saved Matt. Miracles do happen- but now two have to face the 'music' for Disco night. Matt will likely do well with disco. The ones who will probably struggle with it are Lil (she struggles with everything), Allison and Anoop. We'll see how it goes.

Theognome

29. govols

govols Puritan Board Junior

I did agree with Simon that Matt won't win the competition but I am glad the other 3 saved him. Personally thought that Lil should have gone home. It probably will be Lil and Anoop in the bottom 2 again next week also. Wouldn't mind both of them going home. I do like Anoop b/c he seems to be a nice guy and all but ...

30. Whitefield

small prediction: Adam will sing (scream) Stayin' Alive dressed in a white leisure suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.