The Official American Idol Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam has a counter tenor voice, so I can't fault him for that. I thought last night the one who really bombed was Lil Rounds, with Chris a close second. Unfortunately, I suspect that Matt will be the one leaving.

Theognome

I was so mad at Gokey that I think he was the worst!
Adam was great, but his song wasn't some radical rendition--it is the Gary Jules' version rather than Tears For Fears. I'm pretty sure Simon had never heard that version since he was ecstatic, for Simon, over Adam's version.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4"]Gary Jules Mad World[/ame]

Kris didn't choose a great song, which was too bad. I think Scott will go tonight, though.

Jessi, great find on the Adam song! All I can say is, it was the perfect choice for his voice. And I am not going to criticize that voice, because God gave it to him.

Scott was the right person to go home last night. Unless she really brings something we haven't seen yet, Lil is gone next week. This competition is Adam's to lose at this point...

Scott was the right person to go home last night. Unless she really brings something we haven't seen yet, Lil is gone next week. This competition is Adam's to lose at this point...

Agreed. As I mentioned earlier, his stage presence was a negative number. But as a singer/songwriter he would do well- provided he performs in a small setting. He just doesn't fill a stage.

Theognome

Kris didn't choose a great song, which was too bad. I think Scott will go tonight, though.

Jessi, great find on the Adam song! All I can say is, it was the perfect choice for his voice. And I am not going to criticize that voice, because God gave it to him.

We love Gary Jules' song, so we were pumped to hear someone do it! We were just kind of indignant that Adam seemed to get the credit for it. He sang it very well, no doubt, but it wasn't a stroke of genius.

I suspected Adam was gay from his audition, and in my opinion I think he sings that way. He's talented but he honestly sounds like a drag queen singing (a man singing as a woman). I hate it.

Adam, would it be possible for you to please stop being so reserved and give us what you really think. :lol:

lol, sorry that's just what I hear when I hear the guy sing. I've said he's talented it just his style is clearly NOT for me.

We love Gary Jules' song, so we were pumped to hear someone do it! We were just kind of indignant that Adam seemed to get the credit for it. He sang it very well, no doubt, but it wasn't a stroke of genius.

I completely agree...Tears for Fears didn't seem to write music that fit the lyrics, and Jules made it great...something you don't say to often about covers. I first heard that version in Donnie Darko.

I thought Adam performed it decently, but those bits he "made his own" didn't seem to fit the song.

My favorite from that night, though I wasn't a fan of the song...Matt G.

I totally understand. I had never heard the Gary Jules version, so hearing Adam sing it first made me like his performance of it better. I suspect that is how the judges felt.

This is a tough one.

Who is going tomorrow? I see two strong contestants vying for last place this week- Matt and Lil. Matt's performance was simply too ordinary, while Lil was extremely pitchy and all over the place. As good as she did in Hollywood to get attention, I'm seeing her as a 'one hit wonder' and that, as an artist, she has no identity. Matt is consistent, but is just not the vocalist that the other guys are. Between the two, I'd rather see Lil go- I don't see any point in prolonging her (or our) torture.

Theognome

they'll use the save for Lil

I dunno. If for some reason Anoop ended up in the bottom spot, I don't think they'd hesitate to use it. But for five weeks straight the judges have told Lil (and rightly so) that she's just not cutting the mustard. And her little diatribe after Simon spoke didn't help her chances of a save.

If Matt is on bottom, it would be miraculous if they used it for him.

Theognome

No one's complained, don't see no heresy, the moderators haven't been maligned (i.e. no one's poked the bears), it's not interminable, it's in the right forum (i.e. the inane ... er, I mean, the entertainment and humor forum): No harm no foul.:judge:
Carry on.

This thread hasn't been locked yet? Surprising.

There's always been discussion about this show on the PB, for as long as I can recall any way.

This is a tough one.

Who is going tomorrow? I see two strong contestants vying for last place this week- Matt and Lil. Matt's performance was simply too ordinary, while Lil was extremely pitchy and all over the place. As good as she did in Hollywood to get attention, I'm seeing her as a 'one hit wonder' and that, as an artist, she has no identity. Matt is consistent, but is just not the vocalist that the other guys are. Between the two, I'd rather see Lil go- I don't see any point in prolonging her (or our) torture.

Theognome

:ditto:

So they saved Matt. Miracles do happen- but now two have to face the 'music' for Disco night. Matt will likely do well with disco. The ones who will probably struggle with it are Lil (she struggles with everything), Allison and Anoop. We'll see how it goes.

Theognome

I did agree with Simon that Matt won't win the competition but I am glad the other 3 saved him. Personally thought that Lil should have gone home. It probably will be Lil and Anoop in the bottom 2 again next week also. Wouldn't mind both of them going home. I do like Anoop b/c he seems to be a nice guy and all but ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back