The Official American Idol Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Anoop will wear some gym jacket for the first time - no wait he wears that every week.

Better yet - Anoop will use a weed whacker and trim those grisly eye brows. He could smuggle 2 - 3 illegal immigrants across the border in those things.

And Anoop will wear some gym jacket for the first time - no wait he wears that every week.

Better yet - Anoop will use a weed whacker and trim those grisly eye brows. He could smuggle 2 - 3 illegal immigrants across the border in those things.

:lol:

Anoop's parents are adorable. I saw them on one episode and said to Bill, "They look like a couple who own an Indian restaurant". And Bill said, "No! A hotel"!

First, the obvious- Bye bye, Lil!

Now the less obvious. for me, the ones in the most danger tomorrow are Anoop and Allison. Yeah, Matt wasn't great, but Allison is just flat getting boring. Yes, she can rock- but unlike D Cook, she only knows one type of rock- the gritty angry chick kind. She's a better singer than 'Skunk Lady' from last season (Amanda Obermeyer) but none the less she's geting very predictable which is death on Idol. Anoop did not make a good showing tonight (Simon was spot on), and he's been near the bottom pretty consistently lately. This will likely puch him under the top, as it were.

So, I predict Lil and Anoop to go tomorrow.

Theognome

Well, we'll welcome Anoop back to NC (he does seem like a really nice guy), but I would have rather seen Matt leave tonight. It was a surprise that Matt wasn't in the bottom 3 this time. I would have thought Allison would have had more votes than him. No surprise that Lil left.

It looks like Adam, Kris, and Danny are locks for the Top 3. I would love to see Allison slip in to the Top 3, but I don't see her knocking off Danny or Kris. will be interesting to see who wins the Danny-Kris showdown for the chance to face Adam in the finals. I like Danny, but frankly Kris has been consistently better and more original so far.

I still say this competition is Adam's to lose...

Interesting. This is the first time I've peeked into this thread and some of the conversations are the same that Sonya and I had. I was just telling Sonya today that it will be Adam, Chris, and Danny in the top three with Allison as a potential (but not probable).

That show on Tuesday was probably the most jam packed with jaw dropping performances. The talent this year is remarkable. Chris has kind of snuck up on me and reminds me of how I really became a huge fan of David Cook last season to see how he would arrange songs. I've honestly come to expect great singing and arrangements from Adam. Frankly, the initial charisma that Danny had is starting to wane for me because I find him a bit predictable but he's still an amazing vocalist.

Anyhow, I think it will be Adam and Chris in the top two with Adam as the eventual winner.

My thoughts...

...exactly, Chris is growing on me...interesting battle between him and Adam.:detective:

I really like Danny but the only way he can win is if they have a Doobie Brothers/Michael McDonald night.

Kris is actually now my favorite, too. Just because he did this song from the movie Once.
[video=youtube;IaSWo4cJUvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaSWo4cJUvg[/video]

ADAM hands down!!! His precision, range, dynamics, sound, and pitch are all excellent! I like everyone else but I feel like I have heard them all before.

I hope this thread stayes empty, or else I fear for peoples salvation

Heretic!

Theognome

They have said that about a lot of our now beloved church fathers, I consider myself in good company:lol:

Martin Marsh (and me) contra mundum!

-----Added 4/28/2009 at 09:55:20 EST-----

You people are all sad, sell the TV and save the money to buy books

As much as I love and respect that good ole Copperhead, Bill Cunningham, I have to say, "I'm going to Denmark! Where the men are men and the women watch American Idol!" :lol: Make room Martin! :lol:

As much as I love and respect that good ole Copperhead, Bill Cunningham, I have to say, "I'm going to Denmark! Where the men are men and the women watch American Idol!" :lol: Make room Martin! :lol:

Imagine if you will a land where reforming is a form of concrete molding. A journey into a strange dimension where spelling is creative and jokes fly overhead like aircraft. You have just crossed into... the Martin Zone.

Theognome

Imagine if you will a land where reforming is a form of concrete molding. A journey into a strange dimension where spelling is creative and jokes fly overhead like aircraft. You have just crossed into... the Martin Zone.

Theognome

:rofl:

Two things-

First, Someone finally uploaded Matt's performance on Youtube. It was okay, but not great. I think he or Allison will be going tomorow.

Second- WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR AVATAR KALAWINE?!?!?!?!?

Theognome

Theognome

I consider that an insult sir, pick your weapon or prepare to get whacked with an atomic wet nudle.
Why are you always picking on the danish guy :(

My ranking of last night's performances:

1. Adam - he's always weird and over-the-top, but his singing is superb.

2. Allison - I love that Gershwin song, and was surprised she pulled it off to near perfection.

3. Danny - this is the first time I've really enjoyed one of his performances in weeks.

4. Kris - I thought he sounded fine, but wasn't as strong as the other 3.

5. Matt - he wasn't bad, but he was the worst of the night. He should be going home tonight.

This is shaping up into an interesting competition - much closer than the previous 2-3 seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt, Kris, or Allison go home tonight, though I'm hoping it's Matt. That will set up an interesting battle next week...

My ranking of last night's performances:

1. Adam - he's always weird and over-the-top, but his singing is superb.

2. Allison - I love that Gershwin song, and was surprised she pulled it off to near perfection.

3. Danny - this is the first time I've really enjoyed one of his performances in weeks.

4. Kris - I thought he sounded fine, but wasn't as strong as the other 3.

5. Matt - he wasn't bad, but he was the worst of the night. He should be going home tonight.

This is shaping up into an interesting competition - much closer than the previous 2-3 seasons. I wouldn't be surprised if Matt, Kris, or Allison go home tonight, though I'm hoping it's Matt. That will set up an interesting battle next week...

My ranking:
1. Adam
2. Kris
3. Allison
4. as much as I hate to say it: Danny
5. Matt...I wish Danny was in this spot...stinkin' modalist!

Adam, Danny, and Kris have too much of a fan base to be knocked out by anything that Allison or Matt did last night. It will definitely be either Allison or Matt to go.

I don't know if Simon was trying to make the vote interesting by talking up Matt's performance but I didn't care for it too much. I also thought Allison sort of ruined the tenderness of the song she was singing by getting gritty toward the end and, with Simon's negative review, I think she's probably the one to go.

The only two performances that I thought were noteworthy last night were Danny's and Adam's. Danny's built to a great ending whereas Adam's beginning was amazing and, at the end, I was thinking "what was that?!" but his base is way too strong to be overthrown now. Even Simon, who normally would have called something like that "indulgent", applauded him for trying to be his person.

BTW, Adam's entrance was kind of cool but when he started "swaggering" it looked like a girl swagger more than a man swagger.

I was surprised Adam was 4th last night. I still think he is the front-runner - his die-hard fan base probably got complacent. I expect Danny and him survive to the final 3. It will be interesting to see if Allison can make it one more week and beat Kris. It's unlikely, but considering she beat Adam and Kris (and possibly Danny) this week, I suppose it's possible. This is the closest, most interesting season in a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back