The perils of a wooden floor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
I was out playing golf tonight with my son and father-in-law. On one par 4 I landed on the edge of the green in one. 'One putt away from an eagle,' alas I didn't hit it hard enough. 'Never mind, a birdie is not bad,' unfortunatly this was too hard. 'At least I'll get a par' but this stopped 4 inches from the hole. I leaned over just to knock it in, didn't connect properly and the ball came to rest on the edge of the hole. What a disaster! Instead of an eagle a bogey.

The next hole, a short par 3, again I landed on the green in 1 but still had a long putt. Putted too hard, missed the hole, rolled off the edge of the green and down the slope ending up off the green and further from the hole than I started.

I blame the wife for talking me into laying down wooden floors in our house. They may look nice but you cannot practice your putting on a wooden floor. My putting was never this bad when we had carpets to practice on.

Men, if your wife ever says 'a wooden floor would look nice...' change the subject immediatley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back