The race is on!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritan Sailor

Puritan Board Doctor
Andrew is 3 posts behind Bob! Will the Bob get his surge of posting adrenaline and push Andrew into a demoralizing defeat? Or will he hit the wall while Andrew flies by singing Psalms? Come on Bob! Pick it up! I don't need to be next! :deadhorse::candle:

The real question is who can afford the best donation to the poor seminary student with the power to delete posts....

:lol:

better yet the query about who can pay the poor bi-vo preacher who has the power to restore deleted posts....wait....can I do that? I don't think I can do that.....oh, never mind.......

:bigsmile:

Originally posted by puritansailor
Andrew is 3 posts behind Bob! Will the Bob get his surge of posting adrenaline and push Andrew into a demoralizing defeat? Or will he hit the wall while Andrew flies by singing Psalms?
:sing:And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior's blood.
Died he for me...

(Oh no! Will this thread turn into another EP debate?)

who caused his pain?
For me, who him to death pursued?
Amazing love! how can it be That thou, my God, shouldst die for me?...:sing:

Come on Bob! Pick it up! I don't need to be next! :deadhorse::candle:
Me: But coach. [panting] I can't go another stroke! My fingers are cramping up!

Coach:Work through it, Howes! You stop, and the rest of the team does icon sprints and goes on a 10 page run afterwards!

Me: :chained: But coach!

Coach: Howes!

Me: Ok, Ok, I'm going! :banana:

Originally posted by fredtgreco
The real question is who can afford the best donation to the poor seminary student with the power to delete posts....

I'm just a poor layman, lacking in funds...

...but have I told you lately how much I appreciate the wonderful job you do on the board as a SUPER ADMINISTRATOR (and the title really doesn't do you justice!). I admire the power that you have to delete posts - its amazing. That sure is super...

...And I'll just bet, unlike other moderators, administrators, and super administrators, that you probably even have the power to not only delete, but on occasion to add as well...old, buddy, old pal!

Some may think, for whatever reason, that I'm just trying to butter you up. I think you know me better than that, though. (?)

Now I'm up by 6! And after I click the Post Reply button, it'll be 7!!!

[thinking]
What will happen if I double click the Post Reply button...or triple click...
[/thinking]

Originally posted by pastorway
better yet the query about who can pay the poor bi-vo preacher who has the power to restore deleted posts....
{getting the butter out and preparing to butter up...}

Originally posted by pastorway
wait....can I do that? I don't think I can do that.....oh, never mind.......
{putting the butter back in the frig}

I really should start getting ready for work now, but is 8 enough of a buffer to allow me to get to work and keep Andrew from catching me? I doubt it, unless he sleeps in late! {sniffle, sniffle} I suppose I could call in sick today (I am getting a little sick of work, after all)...nah, can't do that...Any volunteers to take Andrew out for a few beers this morning and maybe treat him to one of those big, fat cigars (the real slow burning kind) afterwards?

Andrew is 3 posts behind Bob! Will the Bob get his surge of posting adrenaline and push Andrew into a demoralizing defeat? Or will he hit the wall while Andrew flies by singing Psalms? Come on Bob! Pick it up! I don't need to be next! :deadhorse::candle:

:sing:

Psalm 68, the song Huguenots sang to victory in battle by God's grace! :D

:2cents:

Wish I had more Fred, but this is all I got right now! :D

Originally posted by blhowes

I'm just a poor layman, lacking in funds...

...but have I told you lately how much I appreciate the wonderful job you do on the board as a SUPER ADMINISTRATOR (and the title really doesn't do you justice!). I admire the power that you have to delete posts - its amazing. That sure is super...

...And I'll just bet, unlike other moderators, administrators, and super administrators, that you probably even have the power to not only delete, but on occasion to add as well...old, buddy, old pal!

Some may think, for whatever reason, that I'm just trying to butter you up. I think you know me better than that, though. (?)

:ditto: gentlemen! Keep up the good work! :D

I really should start getting ready for work now, but is 8 enough of a buffer to allow me to get to work and keep Andrew from catching me? I doubt it, unless he sleeps in late! {sniffle, sniffle} I suppose I could call in sick today (I am getting a little sick of work, after all)...nah, can't do that...Any volunteers to take Andrew out for a few beers this morning and maybe treat him to one of those big, fat cigars (the real slow burning kind) afterwards?

I don't wanna see a beer or a cigar this morning. Yesterday I was sick all day. Today I'm in recovery mode. I'll be posting fewer than usual, Bob...

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
I'll be posting fewer than usual, Bob...
So, we're talking maybe 30 or 40 instead of 50 or 60?

Hope you're feeling better soon.

:banana:
Keep it up Bob! You widened your lead by 6!
Thanks, Patrick! And you just keep those dancing bananas coming. They may just come in handy if, by some unexpected turn of events, Andrew manages to pass me and starts chasing after you...I know you're thinking its purely hypothetical, but, use your imagination. It could (but probably won't) happen.

Originally posted by Authorised
And you call yourself Reformed?

Shame, shame...
You know, Andrew, he's got a point there. A lot of folks look up to you as being truly reformed. In a way, you sort of set an example for the rest of us. You wouldn't want to cause a weaker brother/sister to stumble, would you? How would you feel if they said, "Andrew did it!" and started making up their own excuses not to have a good drink or a good cigar/pipe?

That's just my :2cents:, but its something to think about.

Hey, is this a thread dedicated to gratuitous posts. I almost missed the last one I don't want to miss this opportunity.:lol::lol: Question is who do I encourage. Ahh well being a good reformed Christian I have to choose one. Lets see, Bob have I loved but Andrew have I hated... No, no hmmmm, Andrew have I loved and Bob have I hated.... No, this is too tough for me, guess I'll leave the choosing up to God. Go Andrew, Go Bob...:lol:

This one says "I am of VirginiaHuguenot," this one says "I am of Bob"...nay, but I say, let there be no divisions in the Puritan Body, er, Board. Let us all keep to the same goal -- Scott Bushey! :D

[Edited on 2-22-2005 by VirginiaHuguenot]

I am always Reforming; by noon today, Lord willing, I'll be ready for a smoke and a drink! ;)
You posted this as I was working on my last post. So glad to see that you're living up to, and exceeding, our expectations of you!

I am always Reforming; by noon today, Lord willing, I'll be ready for a smoke and a drink! ;)
You posted this as I was working on my last post. So glad to see that you're living up to, and exceeding, our expectations of you!

Semper reformanda, Bob! ;)

Originally posted by lwadkins
Hey, is this a thread dedicated to gratuitous posts. I almost missed the last one I don't want to miss this opportunity.:lol::lol:

Pop Quiz:
1. Without looking, can anybody tell me who locked that thread of gratuitous posts?

Need a hint?

Originally posted by Andrew
This one says "I am of VirginiaHuguenot," this one says "I am of Bob"...nay, but I say, let there be no divisions in the Puritan Body, er, Board. Let us all keep to the same goal -- Scott Bushey!

Hint: It wasn't me and it wasn't Andrew.

Ugh, Oh! Did I just hear some keys jingling? Are those somebody's car keys for unlocking a car door? Or maybe they're just house keys...you don't suppose that somebody's looking for the key to lock the...no, never mind! Maybe I'm just getting a little paranoid.

[Edited on 2-22-2005 by blhowes]

You mey be paranoid but that doesn't mean that they aren't all out to get you!

now where did I put my keys.......

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back