The real benefits of working at Wal*Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
Some good gift shopping done today! I get the tiny little employee 10% discount, and I get paid fair wages I suppose, and electronics is basically fun to work in, but when they have a blow out clearance sale, and you, as an employee get first dibs on all the cool stuff, now THAT is a benefit.

Check out what I picked up!

RCA Progressive Scan DVD player original price $100.00 I paid $25.00

Durabrand 5" portable DVD player originally $100.00 I paid $35.00

Audio Vox Rechargable Walkie Talkies originally $60.00 I paid $20.00

Emerson 9" AC/DC dual TV/DVD originally $140.00 I paid $25.00

Memerox 2 mic Kareoke Machine originally $60.00 I paid $15.00

Lexa 512 MB Jump Drive originally $40.00 I paid $10.00

Sony Dual Layer DVD Burner originally $120.00 I paid $25.00 and it comes with a $30.00 REBATE! So they honestly paid me $5.00

Creative MP3 Plus USB Sound System originally $40.00 I paid $13.00

TOTAL ORIGINAL COST OF ITEMS: $660.00

I paid: $138.00

Now that made working at Wal*Mart worth it!

Originally posted by houseparent
Sony Dual Layer DVD Burner originally $120.00 I paid $25.00 and it comes with a $30.00 REBATE! So they honestly paid me $5.00

Now that's what I call shoppin'! :lol:

Originally posted by Average Joey
Hey,I never see deals like that at my store.:(

We have a brand new "set" coming in. We are a SMALL store, but our electronics department is getting completely remodeled. We are getting a communications center, and new CD and DVD racks and fixtures. So in an effort to get rid of our clearance items their prices were halved, then today what was left was halved AGAIN!

:banana:

whispers...pppsssttt, hey Adam, My tv is so old I have to manually change the channels! Can you hook me up ? :lol:

Loriann,

That's why my parents had me. The first generation of remote controls.

Son - get up and change it channel 5. Never needs batteries. :D

HOW MANY JOBS DO YOU HAVE? I'M STRUGGLING TO FIND ONE GOOD JOB... MY HOMETOWN HAS HIGHEST UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE STATE OF VIRGINIA AND IS A DEAD-END JOB MARKET... I'M LEAVING!!!
:bigsmile:

John,

Yeah, that's why mom had me. Funny, I recall being on the third floor doing homework and hearing "LORI" being yelled up the stairs. When I got down to the first floor I would find my eight siblings sprawled out on the floor watching the dukes of Hazard and my mom requesting I get her a drink of pepsi! LOL
AH, to remenesce!
Lori

One more deal!

An RCA (I know not the absolute best but still) Dolby Digital 5.1 400 Watt surround system with DVD player for 35 bucks! (Original price was $149.99)

Originally posted by houseparent
One more deal!

An RCA (I know not the absolute best but still) Dolby Digital 5.1 400 Watt surround system with DVD player for 35 bucks! (Original price was $149.99)

Man,are you starting your own electronics buisiness on the side?:bigsmile:

Yes, I admit when we find awesome deals like this we buzz around asking fellow employees if they want them before we put them on the floor. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back