The Reformation 500 Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to Josh....no religious significance here? :)
Earl, are you able to distinguish between ought and is? Or a thing in itself vs a thing misused? I am unable to see you doing so. If you think that because I believe men may lawfully observe and celebrate a great historical day, that it means I believe God approves every observance and celebration of such -even in perversion- then you would be wrong.

Men are capable of perverting anything and everything (And I'm not imputing that to what is quoted above, don't plan on reading it. Ligonier has purported Christ-mass to be a holy day, and that ought to be rejected. Same thing applies to any other day that is pressed). The perversion of something by one or some does not negate the lawfulness of a thing in itself. You really should exercise your mind more on these matters. But not here on the PB. Further religious significance is not the same as religious holy day. Your absolute failure to be able to make these distinctions is . . . almost astonishing, and -based on past experience- I would think you knew better.

Earl, are you able to distinguish between ought and is? Or a thing in itself vs a thing misused? I am unable to see you doing so. If you think that because I believe men may lawfully observe and celebrate a great historical day, that it means I believe God approves every observance and celebration of such -even in perversion- then you would be wrong.

Men are capable of perverting anything and everything (And I'm not imputing that to what is quoted above, don't plan on reading it. Ligonier has purported Christ-mass to be a holy day, and that ought to be rejected. Same thing applies to any other day that is pressed). The perversion of something by one or some does not negate the lawfulness of a thing in itself. You really should exercise your mind more on these matters. But not here on the PB. Further religious significance is not the same as religious holy day. Your absolute failure to be able to make these distinctions is . . . almost astonishing, and -based on past experience- I would think you knew better.

From past "experience" (being a former RC) I see no significant difference between veneration of Mary to the worship of her in the RC church. In like manner, I see no significant difference between having a Reformation Day and a day of celebration of the birth of Jesus. This comes from exercising my mind and...it does hurt. LOL

From past "experience" (being a former RC) I see no significant difference between veneration of Mary to the worship of her in the RC church. In like manner, I see no significant difference between having a Reformation Day and a day of celebration of the birth of Jesus. This comes from exercising my mind and...it does hurt. LOL
A drunkard (or a victim of a drunkard) -merely due to his past experience with drunkenness- has no right to foist upon men his own abstinence (or view of abstinence) of a thing in itself lawful. One is unlawful (worship of Mary, calling days holy that the Lord has not), the other not.

This will be the last I say on the matter (for now).

This day, like some others, gives me the opportunity to partake of the malt in good ales and stouts. To Luther's work, I will dutifully have to drink a good beer:cheers2:

I would do the same but a Baptist friend unexpectedly dropped in and needed a place to lodge for the night, he would explode if I came home with a beer.
This day, like some others, gives me the opportunity to partake of the malt in good ales and stouts. To Luther's work, I will dutifully have to drink a good beer:cheers2:

Is it still a bit early to start a Christmas thread? Those are always fun.
In the Philippines, the Christmas season starts on September 1st. Seriously. On that day, the muzak in malls, etc. is replaced by carols, and decorations begin to appear. :barfy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back