The Reformation Project: Training LGBT Christians & Allies to Change the Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnGill

Puritan Board Senior
(ADMINS: I posted here, though I'm unsure if this is the best area for this thread.)

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet: The Reformation Project: Training LGBT Christians & Allies to Change the Church | Indiegogo

From the page:

It's time to end homophobia in the church. Donate to help fund our first leadership conference for 50 LGBT and straight Christians this fall.

[h=2]
Our Vision: A Homophobia-Free Church
[/h] Far too many Christian churches preach a homophobic gospel, to the severe detriment of all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. Gay rights gain ground every year, but the underlying dynamic of significant religious opposition to them persists.
That is the dynamic that The Reformation Project intends to change once and for all. My name is Matthew Vines, and as I argued in detail in a speech that has now been seen half a million times, the Bible is not anti-gay. If you don’t believe me, then take an hour out of your day and watch the speech or read the transcript of it: Goto the site for the link.

Since posting the speech online, I have heard from thousands of people, including hundreds of Christians who have changed their minds about homosexuality after watching it. That overwhelming response proves that sustained, educated engagement with Christians who currently oppose LGBT equality can produce transformative changes. That is why I am starting The Reformation Project—to train as many other Christians as possible, gay and straight, to reform their church communities through the preaching of the Bible.

The site for this so-called Reformation Project is very disturbing as it gives the appearance of sound Christian theology (Statement of Faith) and yet it promotes the idea that unrepentant sodomites are Christians. Has anyone run into this group? I ind it perverse that they have appropriated the term "reformation" in such a way. If nothing else, then something to be on the lookout for within the church.

I hope and pray the project dies swiftly.

Considering they raised over a $100k in a short time, I think it'll be staying around.

I hope it stays a fringe group that does die out quickly, but with our country's current climate favoring sodomy, I see this group gathering momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back