The Role of a Pastor's Wife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who endeavors to bake should have rolls well-buttered, light & fluffy texture, with just the right balance of sweet and savory.

The same as any other wife and any other member of the church.

Sadly, it practically ends up that people think "pastor's wife" is an office of the church. Often, the poor woman ends up a de facto women's counselor, head of "women's ministry", or the "music director". It is a great evil in my opinion.

Anyone who endeavors to bake should have rolls well-buttered, light & fluffy texture, with just the right balance of sweet and savory.
I guess that’s where I’ve gone wrong. My endeavors are more like hard-tack. They last well and taste good with gravy, though. Also useful as projectiles when the occasion warrants.

What is the role of the pastor’s wife in supporting the pastor’s ministry?
That a wife should support her husband's ministry goes without saying. I don't know what you mean by role...secretarial, picking up his dry cleaning, leading various ministries or what? I don't think you mean this "co-pastoring" trend of the last 20 years. Clearly she should not be undermining him or embarrassing him.

Whatever the role should be in theory, it must never be assumed to be that by a candidate and his wife. I think any candidate is foolish not to ask about it. I wouldn't think any less of a candidate's wife if she asked the session directly about their expectations of her. If they are put off by that the candidate and wife ought to run.

Last edited:
I guess that’s where I’ve gone wrong. My endeavors are more like hard-tack. They last well and taste good with gravy, though. Also useful as projectiles when the occasion warrants.
Well, Sir, them's biscuits. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back