The Royal and Ancient Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

LawrenceU

Puritan Board Doctor
I was just wondering how everyone's game is going. For all you Yankees that have had to hibernate have you had a chance to go and swing the sticks? Anyone pick up new equipment? Any shots to remember? Hole in ones?

Me?
Well, after a hiatus of over a year I'm back on the links at spouse and doctor's orders (severe arm twisting necessary:lol: ). My very old, read decades, Wilson Staff blades have been set aside for some new MacGregor forged irons (1025C) Man, are they nice. I also picked up some new shoes FootJoy Classic Dry Priemere for $99.00!

Now, If I can just play to my equipment you should be seeing me on TV on the weekends. That won't be happening anytime soon. A year of hard carpentry can ruin a swing badly. When I put them a way I was around 82 for 18. Last week . . . oh, we won't go there. I can see lessons coming soon.

Bummer! And here I thought you were refering to CHESS! As for golf, I don't have time to play (not that I can't...first time out I beat my brother in law who had played for years!) and I don't think I'll be swinging anything for the next 7months.

Chess anyone?

I'm on for chess anytime. I'm hoping to enter a chess tournament this year.

I'd play more golf if it wasn't getting more and more expensive. Greatest game ever invented, I think.

Yes GOLF!!!

Got a tee time for next weekend. When I lived in Florida I use to play 3 times a week. I was down to an 8 handicap.

Florida is great for golf. You couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a golf course down there. And cheap golf too on good courses. Here in the DFW area, golf is way more expensive plus I have to pay $45 for my Titlests! So I don't get out as much as I use to. But I love the game!

BTW, I bought a set of Ping Eye 2's in '84 and still love them!

I hope to be working at a local golf course in Cincinnati this summer, largely to see if it's something I'd ever really be interested in, and since even if it turns out not to be, it'd be a neat environment in which to work - not to mention that it's one of the few public places where you can still light a nice cigar! Up to now, though, the only "golf" I've played is putt-putt and a driving range (and frisbee golf, though that doesn't count).

Chris,

Once you have the "perfect hole" where everything comes together; a good drive in the fairway, on in regulation, and sink that birdie putt, you'll be hooked! Even if the rest of the round is awful, and you lose every golf ball in your bag, you'll always remember that perfect hole and will believe that you can do it again!

I sadly haven't had the chance to get out this year. I too own a set of Ping Eye 2's, and love 'em!

As soon as it gets a bit warmer, I will hit the green (Lord Willing!).

Golf is God's gift to man.

Thanks, Fred. I couldn't find the forum when I was starting the topic.

Yes, Thank God and the Scots for golf. You know Skye is the stoop of heaven's front door. St. Andrew sits at the gate, not Peter! All that according to my grandfather.

Wayne, have you tried the DT Solo. It is not quite as long as the V1, (from your price I assume that is what you are playing) but it is very shapable and sticks green almost like balata. . . almost. I still have a sleeve of my old Titleist Tour Balatas (100). I keep them for reminders of cherished memories.

I find it much better than the Noodle. It is longer for me and has much greater sticking power. I've not played the Laddie.

Wayne, have you tried the DT Solo. It is not quite as long as the V1, (from your price I assume that is what you are playing) but it is very shapable and sticks green almost like balata. . . almost. I still have a sleeve of my old Titleist Tour Balatas (100). I keep them for reminders of cherished memories.

AHHH BALATA!! There is nothing like the feel of a wound balata covered Titleist against persimmon. (Call me old fashion but I still use my persimmon woods. I can't get use to the sound of a metal driver. That "ping" sound is just wrong! It's almost sacrilege).

I haven't tried the DT Solo. I may just need to give it a shot.

Wayne,
I agree. I just recently bought a TaylorMade Ti bubble shaft from a buddy for almost nothing. It is the first metal wood I've owned. I have hit it six times. It is longer. It is more forgiving. But, I hate the sound and complete lack of feel. I still have and use all my persimmon driver and woods. I need to refinish them now that I think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back