The Science and Ethics of Stem Cell Research

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLCOPE2

Puritan Board Junior
Our church, in conjuction with the Bloomington RPC, is hosting a lecture on the Purdue University campus to take "a rational look at an emotional issue" The Science and Ethics of Stem Cell Research.

The topic will be discussed by Dr. Rich Holdeman who is a Lecturer in Biology at Indiana University and a Pastor at the Bloomington Reformed Presbyterian Church. He has a PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology from Indiana University and a Masters in Divinity from the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Seminary in Pittsburgh, PA.

This looks to be very insightful and God honoring. For those interested and able to make it you can see the date, time, and location in the attached link.

The Science and Ethics of Stem Cell Research

Will you be recording it? I would definitely be interested in an mp3 of the lecture if one is made available.

Will you be recording it? I would definitely be interested in an mp3 of the lecture if one is made available.

I'm almost certain that it will be recorded. If it is I will make it available here as soon as possible.

Hello...if I may, what is the rational and emotional side of the debate? Forgive my ignorance but is the real issue that we're in essence, "playing God" when we do stem cell type research / experiments? Also, what are your thoughts on blood cord banking? When my wife and I went through Lamaze class for the birth of our first child, the lecturer explained the blood cord process to us. We decided against it for monetary reasons. Is there anything un-biblical about banking umbilical cord blood for any issues related to my child?

Hello...if I may, what is the rational and emotional side of the debate? Forgive my ignorance but is the real issue that we're in essence, "playing God" when we do stem cell type research / experiments? Also, what are your thoughts on blood cord banking? When my wife and I went through Lamaze class for the birth of our first child, the lecturer explained the blood cord process to us. We decided against it for monetary reasons. Is there anything un-biblical about banking umbilical cord blood for any issues related to my child?

Hopefully this lecture will answer some of those questions which I have myself. If it is made available in digital form I will make sure to post it here.

Ahh, I was hoping to determine this in one post:gpl: I look forward to hearing about it nonetheless...

Just a reminder for those interested. The lecture is tonight at 7:30 on the Purdue University campus (West Lafayette, IN). Refer to the OP for a link with more information and directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back