The Total Depravity List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing this link, I've been having an e-mail conversation with a long time friend who is Armenian in her beliefs..and these verses fit in with some of what I was sharing with her at this point in the conversation..

joshua;

Or did you mean Arminian? :detective: :)

She's Arminian in her beliefs..I knew that looked right, however it keeps showing up as a mis-spelling..I need to add it to my dictionary so it doesn't continue to do so..thanks

Thanks - and Does Depravity End This Side of Heaven?

I have a friend who thinks "depravity" ends at conversion, and thinks Presbyterians are wrong to continually call themselves sinners - e.g., he hates the PCA BCO membership vow, "Do you consider yourself a sinner in the sight of God, rightfuly deserving His displeasure...".

So is depravity a term only valid for the unconverted? I say no, in light of Paul calling himself the chief of sinners, and in recognition of the fact that there is always a remnant of sin.

We are liberated from bondage to sin now, and liberated from its presence when we meet the Lord.

"The Total Depravity List "

I read that and thought it was going to be about some wierd message board you had run across. :lol:

Yeah, for some reason Firefox doesn't recognize it as a legitimate word. Nor paedobaptism, postmillenialism, amillenialism, Pelagianism, semi-Pelagianism, well ... you get the point. :D

That's because Firefox is a neo-evangelical conspiracy man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back