The Ultimate Dilemma!

Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MLCOPE2

Puritan Board Junior
As I finished toasting my bread this morning I approached the pantry looking for the jar of peanut butter. When I arrived I was surprised to find sitting next to the usual creamy jif a jar of extra crunchy jif. I starred intently trying to decide which sounded better crunchy?, smooth? Then I came to an epiphany! Two pieces of toast, one creamy, one crunchy.

Therefore this dilemma brought to mind the age old question "Crunchy or Smooth?" and what brand is your favorite? What say ye?

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

I have to say creamy jif. While I like crunchy, smooth never fails to satisfy.

Like smooth Peter Pan very good.

This reminds me of the movie Meet Joe Black where death takes a holiday and learns about Peanut Butter. I also like to eat it by the spoonfull.

Like smooth Peter Pan very good.

This reminds me of the movie Meet Joe Black where death takes a holiday and learns about Peanut Butter. I also like to eat it by the spoonfull.

My grandmother always fed me "peanut butter lollipops" (scoop of pb on a spoon) when I was growing up. I still like em every now and then.

Good scene and good movie. I, too, enjoy it that way.

Smooth should be reserved for mixing in milkshakes or for some baking or other uses where the peanut butter is used as a flavoring and nuts would mess with the texture. On bread, it should be crunchy.

Last edited:
I'm actually surprised at the number of people who prefer crunchy to smooth. I guess reformed folk just like things a little nutty :p

I used to like crunchy, but here recently I've been going with smooth. And there wasn't a "both" option. :(

I do like both, but I buy smooth most of the time. You see, crunchy messes up the bread and I end up using more. I like Trader Joe's all natural smooth no salt. =) Good with bananas or apples!

I second the TJ's all natural with no salt. It's very good. But I do like some variety in texture so I voted crunchy.

Ha! I tried to start a poll about this months ago. But I couldn't work out how to make a poll. Yes, yes I'm a technophobe!
Crunchy, preferably TJ's organic. It was delicious on my PB & J which I ate on my way to school this morning.

I also love Trader Joes all natural, no salt added pb-preferably creamy! It's the best!

Ha! I tried to start a poll about this months ago. But I couldn't work out how to make a poll. Yes, yes I'm a technophobe!
Crunchy, preferably TJ's organic. It was delicious on my PB & J which I ate on my way to school this morning.

Don't feel bad, it took me a while to figure it out too!

---------- Post added at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

I've never tried Trader Joe's before. Looks like I'm gonna have to now.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

My favorite is Jif, fresh roasted creamy peanut butter. I also love Nutella.

:ditto:

I prefer smooth for cooking and get my crunchy another way in my peanut butter sandwiches. I put pickles with the smooth peanut butter! I haven't found many other people who like that sandwich; most like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The crunching folks gets caught in my husband's false teeth also.

I do think that peanut butter and bananas on crackers and peanut butter on celery are simple snacks and even serve them in a buffet.

I prefer smooth for cooking and get my crunchy another way in my peanut butter sandwiches. I put pickles with the smooth peanut butter! I haven't found many other people who like that sandwich; most like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. The crunching folks gets caught in my husband's false teeth also.

I do think that peanut butter and bananas on crackers and peanut butter on celery are simple snacks and even serve them in a buffet.

I'm with you on all but the pickles. I guess I'll have to try it before I talk too negatively about it. :)

Peanut butter? Breakfast? Are you out of your mind, man?
Toast in the morning deserves a good sour cherry jam of Slavic origin, purchased from Global Food Market or some similar provisioner.
Failing that, a good English preserve will do nicely.
Peanut butter is for sandwiches at lunch!
I have spoken.

"Ihre weltanschuung kaput! [your worldview is broken! (as is my German!)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back