The Valley of Vision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww

Puritan Board Senior
I'm so excited. Just received my Leatherbound "Valley of Vision" Puritan Prayerbook. Looking forward to praying as the Puritans prayed as part of my Devotional life. :D

I'm so excited. Just received my Leatherbound "Valley of Vision" Puritan Prayerbook. Looking forward to praying as the Puritans prayed as part of my Devotional life. :D

I have one too and it is one of my favorite books. Often times when I am reading it I wonder if these people were not a different religion. They had such a rich faith.

Just got the same thing a few days ago. Enjoy, I have. :)

"Often times when I am reading it I wonder if these people were not a different religion. They had such a rich faith."

Well said. Looking at the state of the Church today in modern America, it's not an unreasonable thought at all. I get the same exact feeling when reading Samuel Rutherford, or even Dabney's and Thornwell's writings.

I have one too and it is one of my favorite books. Often times when I am reading it I wonder if these people were not a different religion. They had such a rich faith.

Ditto. Christianity today looks a lot different, doesn't it?

OK, I just ordered a copy through a local :book2::book2: christian bookseller. I try do do it that way as often as I can. I once had a Christian Bookstore and could not make a living at it as too many ordered and bought from out of town.
Thanks for the idea.

I also love that book but often which I knew the specific writers of the prayers. Those Puritans had such a richness in their writings.

When I purchased it this was my sentiment exactly. I used it in a theology course I taught to enhance the call to christian piety. The men adored the work and I began using it when I led worship at my old church. People would request I email them these prayers.

They are quite a powerful tool for the elect to grow from in my opinion

I have an old paperback edition. I have been wanting to get the leather-bound, but I was wondering, is it that much nicer than the paperback? I noticed that the dimensions were smaller with the leather-bound so I thought it might be better for carrying around.

I have an old paperback edition. I have been wanting to get the leather-bound, but I was wondering, is it that much nicer than the paperback? I noticed that the dimensions were smaller with the leather-bound so I thought it might be better for carrying around.

Haven't seen the paperback version but for the sake of wear and tear I decided to buy the Leather bound version even if it is Bonded Leather. It is quite convenient for carrying along with you wherever you go.

Haven't seen the paperback version but for the sake of wear and tear I decided to buy the Leather bound version even if it is Bonded Leather. It is quite convenient for carrying along with you wherever you go.

Thanks brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back