The Westminster Standards Audio CD collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
Brethren,

I have been working on a series for a number of weeks and it is finally completed.

[b:ef2fe012c8]The Westminster Standards Collection[/b:ef2fe012c8] contains a dramatic reading of [b:ef2fe012c8]all[/b:ef2fe012c8] the documents bound together that were published by the Westminster Assembly during their tenure (1643-1649). The series is recorded on a new software package that allows the quality of the recording to be very high end, even surpassing the quality of a store-bought CD.

The readings are dramatic, they are NOT monotone like the few files I have heard in the past, or those on the SWRB CDs of low quality.

The series, if listened straight through, would run 8 hours, and was taken from the original Westminster documents published.

The series entails:

The Shorter Catechism
The Larger Catechism (in seven parts)
The Preface to the Confession of Faith
Introduction to the Confession, by Thomas Manton
All 33 Chapters of the Westminster Confession. (each a separate track)
The Sum of Saving Knowledge (in 4 parts)
The Solemn League and Covenant
The National Covenant
The Breach and Public Confession of Sins
Directory for Family Worship
Directory for Public Worship (in two parts)
Form of Presbyterian Church Government

I have not found anything like this out on the Internet anywhere, nor read all the way through by any audio books.

I thought this would be of great help to those traveling to work long distacnes, or just for listening at home, or even during a workout through a CD player.

I hope it is a blessing to you - it was certainly a blessing to me while recording.

There is a sample track at this web location, and more information:
http://www.apuritansmind.com/CD/WestminsterStandardsCD.htm

Do you think this will meet with a good response? Do you think it will be helpful to people?

What are your thoughts about it - would you listen to it?:gpl:

Matthew,
I enjoyed listening to the sound clip.

That was a good idea to make an audio of all those works. I'd imagine if word gets out about the CD it will be well received. I know I'd listen to it. I'll be purchasing one soon.

Thanks for all the work you do in the Lord's service. It amazes me how much the Lord can do through just one person.

Keep up the good work,
Bob

Well,

I would listen to them.

I want to get the cd's so it might take me a while before I get my hands on them.

Isn't covetousness a sin?

I'm just trying to get a feel as to who would listen to them and what groups I should try to make this set known.

Maybe homeschoolers, (churches are a given) and maybe seminary bookstores....

Reformed truck drivers, traveling salesmen and night watchmen.

No --but they have the time. Have you seen the Covenant semis? Maybe they only hire Reformed people.

[Edited on 6-14-2004 by py3ak]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back