The Winslow Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not seen it. I have had several folks recommend it to me.
add my name to theirs! you'd love it, Lawrence (I'm saying that on the basis that you know English grammar and how to spell like a British person, so I'm sure you'd enter into the spirit of this very British film :) )
(of course that's meant as a compliment)

Well, that settles it. I think that I shall insert it into the mix of Costume Dramas that are on the list for this weekend. Perhaps right between North and South and Wives and Daughters. (We just watched these a few months past.) My sweet wife and daughter have set me to watching those films and now I'm hooked. I am not sure what that does to my man points. I have now seen all of the versions of Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Northanger Abbey. Perhaps this film, since it deals with the Admiralty will help me to recoup some of my points. :)

I did not see it the other night when it was on but I did see the original black and white version a few years ago which I particularly enjoyed. Can't remember who was in it.

I did not see it the other night when it was on but I did see the original black and white version a few years ago which I particularly enjoyed.

that must mean the play it's based on is just very good!
Well, that settles it. I think that I shall insert it into the mix of Costume Dramas that are on the list for this weekend. Perhaps right between North and South and Wives and Daughters. (We just watched these a few months past.) My sweet wife and daughter have set me to watching those films and now I'm hooked. I am not sure what that does to my man points. I have now seen all of the versions of Pride and Prejudice, Emma, and Northanger Abbey. Perhaps this film, since it deals with the Admiralty will help me to recoup some of my points.

don't worry, your man points will be safe with this movie. It's very tense and dramatic despite being so understated. On the other hand if your ladies watch it along with you, I'm pretty sure they'll like it too. One tip - don't on any account let them go off to make tea when they see the end is close. make sure they keep watching and don't miss a word in the final scene!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back