The Woodsman

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokingFlax

Puritan Board Sophomore
I'm sitting here listening to Charlie Rose interviewing the director of this new film and the "star" Kevin Bacon.

True to the hollywood ethic of pushing the envelope it's about Joe Pedophile who gets released from doing time into the world...and how tough he has it...

I was struck by how the director (I didn't get her name) totally framed the pedophile in terms that were EXACTLY the same as were used to describe the homosexual in previous decades.
i.e. "he has a sickness"..."he's struggling with who he is" ..."society doesn't accept him" ..."he needs to get help"...etc. etc.

Of course never once is it called sin.

I can see no reason why in their worldview (the modernists that is) the pedophile will not one day be pushing for "rights" just like the homo crowd -they have no compelling ethical guideline (aside from public sentiment) to hinder them -and that didn't stop the sodomites. This is really grievious...all in the name of "art" of course. I wouldn't be surprised if this film wins all kinds of awards.

First it's Nicole Kidman in a bathtub with a little boy ...now this. It looks like the future is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back