The works of William Perkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Heritage Book links below no longer work. Are there different links?

I just saw this at Reformation heritage books:

http://www.heritagebooks.org/item.asp?bookId=3013

Title: Donation Towards the Publication of Perkins
Retail Price: $50.00
Our Price: $50.00
In Stock: Ships within 4-5 business days.
Format: Hardcover

http://www.heritagebooks.org/browse.asp?btab=new&browseMode=page&pcnt=6&tot=69

Donation Towards the Publication of Perkins
Retail Price: $25.00
Our Price: $25.00

Donation Towards the Publication of Perkins
Retail Price: $100.00
Our Price: $100.00

Does this mean that they have plans to gonne publish the works ?

[Edited on 3-8-2006 by Mayflower]

[Edited on 3-8-2006 by Mayflower]

RHB revamped their website recently. I don't think they have any current links for donating to the William Perkins project. However, they are still taking donations. If you wish to donate, I would contact them directly or go to the Reformed Publishing Cooperative website which I linked to earlier in this thread (RHB is collaborating with the Encylopedia Puritannica Project on this publication). Derek Thomas recently joined Joel Beeke in the editing process; however, I am told that due to slower-than-expected progress, the anticipated release date for the first volume is now 2008.

Last edited:
PDF works of Perkins

The three-volume works of Perkins are available here for a very small fee indeed: about $3. You can also download Anthony Burgess's work on justification, Samuel Rutherford's works, and loads of other great things for just about peanuts.

RHB revamped their website recently. I don't think they have any current links for donating to the William Perkins project. However, they are still taking donations. If you wish to donate, I would contact them directly or go to the Reformed Publishing Cooperative website which I linked to earlier in this thread (RHB is collaborating with the Encylopedia Puritannica Project on this publication). Derek Thomas recently joined Joel Beeke in the editing process; however, I am told that due to slower-than-expected progress, the anticipated release date for the first volume is now 2008.

Here is an update on the William Perkins Works Project from Tony Reinke (first volume now expected in February/March 2008).

I got a good look at the edition of William Perkins' Works at the Puritan Resource Center at PRTS in Grand Rapids recently. It came from the personal library of Charles Spurgeon. It was later bought by A.W. Pink and contains his personal markings. Quite a gem. :pilgrim:

Joel Beeke goes out of his way every 10 sermons to mention it. ;-) (I think I would too) :)

I got a good look at the edition of William Perkins' Works at the Puritan Resource Center at PRTS in Grand Rapids recently. It came from the personal library of Charles Spurgeon. It was later bought by A.W. Pink and contains his personal markings. Quite a gem. :pilgrim:

Here is an update on the William Perkins Works Project from Tony Reinke (first volume now expected in February/March 2008).

Looking forward to this. :pilgrim:

VirginiaHuguenot said:
I am told that there will be a significant delay. The first volume will not be coming out this month after all, perhaps not until next year, though the new target date has not yet been determined.

Today I sent Dr. Beeke an e-mail and his answer hasn't good news, unfortunately: "We were hoping to have volume 1 of 6 ready by the end of this year, but have been set back a year by other projects that intervened. Now, I'm hoping for the end of 2009. We hope to do one volume per year, as the Lord enables"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back