Theodicy and God's obligation to create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be mistaken but the reason God allowed the fall is not the proper question on theodicy. The question is how man fell, being he was created good, with the ability to sin. If I remember Pastor Winzer gave an answer to that question in the past. To paraphrase "it was that the fruit was naturally a good fruit, in of itself, and it was naturally good to the natural man's perception to eat of it, even though God told him not to eat."

I haven't read Adams' "Grand Demonstration." I suspect the real way to make progress is to cultivate a deeper grasp of the glory of God's glory and the centrality of Christ in his purposes, rather than by adding new bullet points.

I may be mistaken but the reason God allowed the fall is not the proper question on theodicy. The question is how man fell, being he was created good, with the ability to sin. If I remember Pastor Winzer gave an answer to that question in the past. To paraphrase "it was that the fruit was naturally a good fruit, in of itself, and it was naturally good to the natural man's perception to eat of it, even though God told him not to eat."
Earl, every time I see your profile picture, I try to understand it, but can never figure it out. I am so curious!

Earl, every time I see your profile picture, I try to understand it, but can never figure it out. I am so curious!

This was a picture of my mom and dad walking to the car after one of my sons graduation. This is by far my favorite picture of them in that it would not be many years till they went home to be with The Lord, and what caught my eye was how my mom was following dad and (sort of funny if you knew my mom) and my dads sight tilt towards her. Oh how I miss them so and look forward to The Day we can be with each other again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back