Theological Dictionary Thread or Search Engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
Okay, I am going to reveal my ignorance. I am need of a Theological Dictionary Thread or Search Engine when I read you guys. I don't know if there is one already attached or not, but it would be awful handy for someone like me. I don't need to know the arguments. I would just like to know what you all are talking about sometimes. What in the heck is Presumptive Regeneration?
What is Presumptive Election? I probably have a book that discusses it but I just want a short definition of both. Anyways a Theological Dictionary Search Engine would be cool.
In Need of Much Learning. :book2:
For Christ's Crown and Covenant, Randy

[Edited on 11-22-2004 by puritancovenanter]

THis is semi-different htan what you are looking for, but I picekd up a great little book yesterday for about $6.

The authors do come from a postmodern standpoint; despite that fact, however, they are very clear.

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by Finn McCool]

[Edited on 22-11-2004 by Finn McCool]

Well, I was thinking about a glossary of terms for APM. But that would take a long time. Just thinking about it can be painful...
Maybe someday....

Originally posted by webmaster
Well, I was thinking about a glossary of terms for APM. But that would take a long time. Just thinking about it can be painful...
Maybe someday....

here is a good suggestion:

Can we find a way for people to simply ask about terms that they want defined? The first step toward such a project would be to get a list of terms that need defining.

And that buys weeks and weeks... :D

That would be cool. Just post the word you want to know and let the guys use their dictionaries and knowledge to post small definitions. I know how wordy I can be when it is needful. Where is the lapsarian discussion at? Wait till this board has to much on it to find anything. :banana: I really like this bannana guy.

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
That would be cool. Just post the word you want to know and let the guys use their dictionaries and knowledge to post small definitions. I know how wordy I can be when it is needful. Where is the lapsarian discussion at? Wait till this board has to much on it to find anything. :banana: I really like this bannana guy.

hey - does anybody know how to set up a wikipedia? That is exactly what would work here

Originally posted by puritancovenanter
Thanks Chris.

Fred, what is a wikipedia? There you go again using those hard words on us poor peasants.

It is like an online collaborative dictionary. Do a google search on it and you will see what I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back