Theology major

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Loganm, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loganm

Loganm Puritan Board Freshman

Greetings all!
    I'm Logan. Though I hail from Louisiana, I am currently attending Belhaven University in Jackson MS. I am getting my undergrad in Theology and moving onto RTS for my MDiv, then, Lord willing, getting into ministry. And, its worth noting, I am tentatively planning on pursuing my TH.D after my MDiv.
    I am a member of the PCA church and hold myself to be very reformed and orthodox.

I look forward to getting to know everybody!

2. TylerRay

TylerRay Puritan Board Senior

Welcome, Logan!

3. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Greetings. You can get your exercise walking between Belhaven and First Pres. Uphill both directions.

4. kainos01

kainos01 Puritan Board Senior

Welcome!

5. jwithnell

jwithnell Moderator Staff Member

Welcome!

6. Gabriel Barnes

Gabriel Barnes Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

7. Cymro

Cymro Puritan Board Junior

Looking forward to your contributions, welcome.

8. TheOldCourse

TheOldCourse Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome! I have a number of friends in the Covington area and used to live in Elmwood. We enjoyed our time there but for a fairly major metropolitan area there were pitifully few Confessional church options. Perhaps one day, in God's providence, you can help rectify that!

9. Romans922

Romans922 Puritan Board Professor

Hi, what church do you attend?

10. Grant Jones

Grant Jones Puritan Board Junior

Welcome Brother. My family attends Pearl PCA (probably 10ish minutes from Belhaven). Our Pastor (Adam Parker) actually teaches a class at Belhaven. Would love to have you visit!

Let me know if interested maybe we could meet up and have brew!

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome. We used to live in Covington and don't live too far from there now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

12. Loganm

Loganm Puritan Board Freshman

My apologies to all for taking so long to respond. These last few days have been rather busy. Please bear with me while I take a moment and respond to a few of your gracious comments:

Edward, I avoid walking too far in this summer heat (especially in church clothes). I prefer to drive. :)

TheOldCourse, I humbly am at the Lord's will. If He would see fit for me to start a church in the city... well, to quote Luther, "Here I stand, I can do no other.":luther:

Romans922, when I am home, I attend Three Rivers Presbyterian (PCA) in Covington Louisiana-its by Acquistapace. When I am at school in Jackson, I attend Providence PCA in Clinton, Mississippi.

Grant, I would love to visit your church. I might do that soon. I currently attend Providence PCA in Clinton. I have a friend that is going there while he attends RTS.

Everybody else, HELLO! Its great to meet ya'll!

13. Edward

Isn't that the one that was a product of the merger between a church in Clinton and one in south Jackson after the Jackson neighborhood 'transitioned'?

14. Romans922

Romans922 Puritan Board Professor

No

15. psycheives

psycheives Puritan Board Freshman

Hi Logan! Welcome! An MDIV at RTS sounds like a great goal! I wish you the best in your studies! How exciting!

16. Puritan Sailor

Puritan Sailor Puritan Board Doctor

No, that is Pinehaven PCA, also in Clinton. The ARP in Clinton joined St. Paul Presbyterian in south Jackson, and they eventually relocated to Clinton as Pinehaven.

And welcome to the Board, Logan.

17. chaqar89

chaqar89 Puritan Board Freshman

As a newbie myself, Greetings!

18. Edward

Thanks for a helpful reply. The various PCA churches in Clinton seem to be reluctant to put their histories on their 'About' web pages. I knew it wasn't the one that moved from that part of town to north Jackson in the late 70s or early 80s (and which seems to have since vanished). And Alta Vista merged with Pearl, so I was wondering if I'd gotten east and west mixed up with regard to the South Jackson merger.

And at one point, wasn't there a Mt. Salus Presbyterian in Clinton? Or was that just the school?

19. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome, Logan!

20. Puritan Sailor

Puritan Sailor Puritan Board Doctor

Mt. Salus Pres was the ARP in Clinton that merged with St. Paul. The School remained independent and continued on it's own.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.