Theology of Parenthood - request for information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkingaloud

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello there,

Do you know of any good sources for a theology of parenthood from a Reformed perspective?

I recently started a research degree in theology and am interested in choosing to write my dissertation on an aspect of parenthood. Browsing through journals I've found a lot on sexuality and marriage but very little about Parenthood. I would be really grateful for some pointers in the right direction.

Thanks

Thanks Reagan, that's a fair amount to get me going. Being new to research I'm finding the difficulty is getting started, but hopefully it'll become easier with practice. I'll check them all out.

"The Theology of the Family" looks a great introduction for me to start with - I'll definitely be buying that one. I've just a had a chance to browse the Free Grace Broadcaster which looks pretty helpful too.

Thanks again,

Stefan

Hi,

Parenting By God's Promises - Joel Beeke
Sermons available on YouTube, Hope it will help

I'll third Beeke's book as an excellent starting point! We've been going over in a men's study at my church and it's excellent.

I'll third Beeke's book as an excellent starting point! We've been going over in a men's study at my church and it's excellent.

Thanks, "Parenting by God's Promises" sound one to definitely check out, especially as I've had my first child born last week: it sounds it might be very helpful personally. I've narrowed my topic down to a more specific examination of the relationship between parents and the State and their respective roles in children's upbringing. So far, on top of the books recommended, I've added "Lex Rex" by Samuel Rutherford, "A Christian Manifesto" by Francis Schaeffer and "Educating For Life" by Nicholas Wolterstorff to my reading list

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back