Theology Podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerRay

Puritan Board Graduate
I'm a huge fan of Christ the Center from Reformed Forum. I was wondering whether anyone knew of any similar podcasts, which contain in-depth theological discussion, interviews with theologians and historians, etc. I'm not really interested in a one-man-show that functions more like a blog. I'm looking for meat, and for diversity from show to show.

Any suggestions?

Well, I haven't heard the podcasts, but the MeatEater show was quit enjoyable (with the same caveats we would apply to any recreational entertainment). Certainly ain't theological much.

Well, I haven't heard the podcasts, but the MeatEater show was quit enjoyable (with the same caveats we would apply to any recreational entertainment). Certainly ain't theological much.
You're not, perchance, going to the RPCGA GA next week, are you?

Not this time around. Movin' this Friday, and flying the little one from Virginia to here in DFW for a few weeks visitation.
I see. I'm not too far from the meeting place. In fact, I used to be a member of the church that hosts it. I plan on going up for the Tuesday night service.

Jerusalem Chamber...It is four pastors discussing the Westminster Confession of Faith. It occasionally has guests on. It doesn’t meet all your requirements but it is quite good nonetheless.

Reformed Forum is very good. It's kind of one a kind in some ways, especially if you're looking for something from a confessional Reformed perspective.

My favorite theology podcast is Unbelievable? with Justin Brierley. It features debates/discussions, both between believers and unbelievers and between believers on particular theological issues. It's pretty broad who all is invited on, but Justin Brierley is a very gracious host (an evangelical Anglican himself) who does a good job moderating the conversations. There have been many Reformed participants as well, but of course with the breadth, sometimes you can't fully agree with either side.

Bible Project is a good one. You won't always agree with everything they say, but it's hosted by several evangelical biblical scholars (from a non-denominational/baptist background). It's generally thoroughly enjoyable and presents texts in ways that make you think.

Some other podcasts I enjoy are more "one man shows" so might not be quite what you are looking for.

I'm a huge fan of Christ the Center from Reformed Forum. I was wondering whether anyone knew of any similar podcasts, which contain in-depth theological discussion, interviews with theologians and historians, etc. I'm not really interested in a one-man-show that functions more like a blog. I'm looking for meat, and for diversity from show to show.

Any suggestions?
Check out the Glory Cloud podcast, which discusses the theology of Meredith Kline.

Presbycast for a look at contemporary church politics and a bit of theology.

Westminster Office Hours for theology discussion with Westminster California faculty and alumni

RTS, Covenant and Westminster among other seminaries offer many of their classes free on iTunes. I download them and listen to them in my car on my daily commute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back