Theophilus Everett Rean Hooley (my 11th grandchild!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMcFadden

Puritanboard Commissioner
In all of the busyines of the last week and a half, I forgot to share our latest joy. This month (just 2 days before my own 63rd birthday), the Lord added our 11th grandchild: Theophilus Everett Rean Hooley was born to Sarah (one of our daughters) and her husband Cory Hooley!

Their third child (after three miscarriages in the last couple of years), he carries as his middle name ("Everett"). "Everett" was my father's first name, my middle name, my eldest son's middle name, and now the middle name of three of our grandsons!

JSM & DEM with Theo.jpg

Theo's parents are committed Christians. His dad teaches English as a second language to inner city immigrant kids. His mom teaches Bible to teens at a Christian high school in Fort Wayne. When Theo's mom returns to teaching after the first of the year, my wife and I will resume our child care duties for their 4 year old (the boy in my avatar) and take on the daycare for Theo. Little Charis (the girl in my avatar) began kindergarten today.

Some of you will remember that Jeanette and I moved to Fort Wayne 4+ years ago to help with the Hooley kids when our son-in-law was struggling with a 6" cancer in his chest. He struggled through our daughter's first pregnancy with chemo and then through the first two months of his daughter's life receiving x-ray therapy after his chemo. After 2.5 years of schlepping back to Los Angeles (130 airplane trips!), I retired from running the retirement home and am semi-retired currently. We consider ourselves VERY blessed to be able to help leave a legacy with our grandchildren in this way. It has been pretty cool to be driving distance for the first time from the other 8 grandkids!!!

Attachments

• Hooley Family in Delivery Room.jpg
    Hooley Family in Delivery Room.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 11
Theo is our youngest grandson. We have one turning 16 in a couple of weeks. But, we also will have five children in their 40s, 30s, and 25 in a few months. 9 grandsons, 2 granddaughters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back