This year may be your last (John Shower)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
Prepare me, Lord! for what thine unerring Counsel shall please to order, as to the remainder of my time on Earth; and suffer me not to count upon a great number of Years to come, since this, for ought I know, may be my last; neither let me expect Rest and Happiness in this World, which nothing Temporal can afford.

John Shower, Serious reflections on time and eternity with some other subjects, moral and divine. To which is prefixed an introduction concerning the first day of the year, how observed by the Jews, and may best be employed by a serious Christian (London: Joseph Watts, 1689), p. 35.

Prepare me, Lord! for what thine unerring Counsel shall please to order, as to the remainder of my time on Earth; and suffer me not to count upon a great number of Years to come, since this, for ought I know, may be my last; neither let me expect Rest and Happiness in this World, which nothing Temporal can afford.

John Shower, Serious reflections on time and eternity with some other subjects, moral and divine. To which is prefixed an introduction concerning the first day of the year, how observed by the Jews, and may best be employed by a serious Christian (London: Joseph Watts, 1689), p. 35.
You may not get a lot of replies brother, but you do get a lot of reads. These short posts are encouraging. I will be writing this one down in my journal. Great work and God bless.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Here it is online. https://quod.lib.umich.edu/e/eebo2/A60150.0001.001/1:3?rgn=div1;view=fulltext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back