Thomas Boston on praying to the Trinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reformed Covenanter

Cancelled Commissioner
To all the three persons in the Trinity prayer is due. That it is so to the Father, nobody doubts. That it is due to Christ, the Son, appears from Stephen’s calling upon him in his last moments, and saying, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit,” Acts vii. 59.

Even Christ the Mediator is to be worshipped, though his divine nature is the reason why he is worshipped, Heb. i. 6, “And let all the angels of God worship him.” The Holy Ghost also is to be worshipped, as appears from the apostolical benediction, 2 Cor. xiii. 14, “The communion of the Holy Ghost be with you all.”

In respect of the object of worship, people would do well to satisfy themselves, in their addresses to God, with the belief of the Trinity of persons in the Godhead, who are but one object of worship, and not think to comprehend God, but to make use of the names and titles he has taken to himself in the word. Beware of imaginations of God or the three persons, and of dividing the object of worship, as if praying to the Father, you did not also pray to the Son and the Holy Ghost.

For the reference, see Thomas Boston on praying to the Trinity.

I actually forgot that I had posted from Thomas Boston a couple of days ago, as I usually try not to post two extracts from the same author in such quick sucession.

I head someone say that in the modern day church the trinity is viewed as the Father, the Son, and The Holy Bible...
Even though I might not agree, the concept is something interesting to ponder.

I head someone say that in the modern day church the trinity is viewed as the Father, the Son, and The Holy Bible...
Even though I might not agree, the concept is something interesting to ponder.
An aversion to Pentecostalism has people falling off the other side of the horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back