Thomas Manton's Works

Discussion in 'Puritan Literature' started by Reformed Covenanter, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenderPriest

FenderPriest Puritan Board Junior

So... anybody want to buy me a set?:D

2. Kenneth_Murphy

Kenneth_Murphy Puritan Board Freshman

Any chance they will end up as a Libronix set as well?

3. CarlosOliveira

CarlosOliveira Puritan Board Freshman

I can't wait for my set arrive!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
    =============================================

Important Update on Manton Set
    Some Exciting Developments

Birmingham, Alabama - June 27th, 2008 - Solid Ground Christian Books is thrilled to announce that all 22 Volumes of THE COMPLETE WORKS OF THOMAS MANTON are in production at our printer and six of the volumes are actually printed and ready to be shrink-wrapped. Several important developments have taken place:

1) Our pre-sales have actually fully covered the cost of the entire project, which is no small item of praise as we had been warned that every publisher who has undertaken this project has gone bankrupt afterwards.

2) We will be receiving some sample copies of the first 3 volumes next week and will be able to place these on our web site for everyone to see.

3) We have entered into a special deal with a shipper in the UK and also in Montana to help us cut down on the cost of shipping to our customers.

4) We have located and corrected three MAJOR ERRORS that existed in many of the Manton Sets that have been in circulation over the last 30 years -
    1- Many of the existing Sets had a serious problem w/ pages 84 & 85 in Vol. 10 which has been corrected.
    2- Many of the existing Sets had a serious problem w/ 16 pages from 378-406 in Volume 9 (they were missing) which has been corrected.
    3- And all of the Sets had a serious problem with pages 385-400 in Volume 15 (the wrong 16 page signature was inserted) which has been corrected.

**Thus we are confident in asserting that this will be the first time since 1870 that the entire 22 Volume Set will exist to match that edition perfectly.

The Lord is to be praised for helping us locate and correct these problems just in time to have the Sets go forward.

FINALLY, we are still on target to meet our shipping date of the Last Week of July.

Pray for us as all the final details come together.

We are not selling anything with this Announcement. We just wanted you to know the good news.

Every blessing...

Michael Gaydosh

4. VirginiaHuguenot

VirginiaHuguenot Puritanboard Librarian

5. CarlosOliveira

A set of the 22 vols. hardcover edition of Manton's Works published in 1970s by Maranatha Publications in very good condition is being sold at Ebay for $275 here

6. Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist Puritan Board Sophomore

Hey now, that's a great price. Please don't outbid me now. :lol:

And who in the world would get rid of dusty old books!!! Buy more bookshelves!!!!

I need to buy more bookshelves myself.

7. CarlosOliveira

Geoff, stay cool, brother! I won't outbid you for I bought my set of Manton's Works from SGCB and they will be shipping it to me next week! ;)

Take advantage of this bid for surely you won't find another one such as this!

8. Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist Puritan Board Sophomore

THanks Carlos. Thanks for the heads up on that. Now..just 8 days to wait. :book2:

9. JohnOwen007

JohnOwen007 Puritan Board Sophomore

I just read Manton's two sermons on Ezekiel 18:23 today and they were awesomely edifying! He's the man.

10. CarlosOliveira

I wholeheartly agree! He is my favourite Puritan!:manton::manton::manton:

11. jacobiloved

jacobiloved Puritan Board Freshman

:lol:

I am even more glad I already have the full 22 vol's set now i read your post brother.

I have seen it in paperback sometimes.

12. VirginiaHuguenot

The Works of Thomas Manton are now available at RHB for $320.00.

13. greenbaggins

greenbaggins Administrator Staff Member

I got my copy last week. They are very well bound, clear as crystal print, in beautiful sea-green covers. RHB's price is the best now, and well worth it. It is about $15 per volume at that price.

14. CalvinandHodges

CalvinandHodges Puritan Board Junior

Hi:

You can buy the first 3 volumes from Banner of Truth for a modest price:

Banner of Truth Book Detail

-For those who cannot afford all 22 volumens, but wish to get a taste of Manton.

Blessings,

-CH

15. FenderPriest

16. walkwithgod

walkwithgod Puritan Board Freshman

CVBBS has them for only $299, probably with free S&H.

17. CarlosOliveira

I got my set today!! Fabuloso! :)

18. VirginiaHuguenot

Excelente! :pilgrim: :up:

19. VirginiaHuguenot

20. CarlosOliveira

21. CarlosOliveira

If you didn't purchase your set yet, My Shelton Books is selling Manton's Works for $250 with free shipping in USA!!! It's the best price anywhere!!! Check it out here. Don't miss it!!!

22. FenderPriest

Got my set yesterday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.