Thomas Manton's Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for my set arrive!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
=============================================

Important Update on Manton Set
Some Exciting Developments

Birmingham, Alabama - June 27th, 2008 - Solid Ground Christian Books is thrilled to announce that all 22 Volumes of THE COMPLETE WORKS OF THOMAS MANTON are in production at our printer and six of the volumes are actually printed and ready to be shrink-wrapped. Several important developments have taken place:

1) Our pre-sales have actually fully covered the cost of the entire project, which is no small item of praise as we had been warned that every publisher who has undertaken this project has gone bankrupt afterwards.

2) We will be receiving some sample copies of the first 3 volumes next week and will be able to place these on our web site for everyone to see.

3) We have entered into a special deal with a shipper in the UK and also in Montana to help us cut down on the cost of shipping to our customers.

4) We have located and corrected three MAJOR ERRORS that existed in many of the Manton Sets that have been in circulation over the last 30 years -
1- Many of the existing Sets had a serious problem w/ pages 84 & 85 in Vol. 10 which has been corrected.
2- Many of the existing Sets had a serious problem w/ 16 pages from 378-406 in Volume 9 (they were missing) which has been corrected.
3- And all of the Sets had a serious problem with pages 385-400 in Volume 15 (the wrong 16 page signature was inserted) which has been corrected.

**Thus we are confident in asserting that this will be the first time since 1870 that the entire 22 Volume Set will exist to match that edition perfectly.

The Lord is to be praised for helping us locate and correct these problems just in time to have the Sets go forward.

FINALLY, we are still on target to meet our shipping date of the Last Week of July.

Pray for us as all the final details come together.

We are not selling anything with this Announcement. We just wanted you to know the good news.

Every blessing...

Michael Gaydosh

A set of the 22 vols. hardcover edition of Manton's Works published in 1970s by Maranatha Publications in very good condition is being sold at Ebay for $275 here

A set of the 22 vols. hardcover edition of Manton's Works published in 1970s by Maranatha Publications in very good condition is being sold at Ebay for $275 here

Hey now, that's a great price. Please don't outbid me now. :lol:

And who in the world would get rid of dusty old books!!! Buy more bookshelves!!!!

I need to buy more bookshelves myself.

Geoff, stay cool, brother! I won't outbid you for I bought my set of Manton's Works from SGCB and they will be shipping it to me next week! ;)

Take advantage of this bid for surely you won't find another one such as this!

Geoff, stay cool, brother! I won't outbid you for I bought my set of Manton's Works from SGCB and they will be shipping it to me next week! ;)

Take advantage of this bid for surely you won't find another one such as this!

THanks Carlos. Thanks for the heads up on that. Now..just 8 days to wait. :book2:

It was Manton's writings that cinvinced Toplady to reject his Arminianism for Calvinism and on that basis alone I put in my pre-order some time ago.

The wife will kill me, I have no shelf space and the delivery charge will amount to a recognisable portion of the national debt but come on folks, this is Manton !

:lol:

I am even more glad I already have the full 22 vol's set now i read your post brother.

I have seen it in paperback sometimes.

I got my copy last week. They are very well bound, clear as crystal print, in beautiful sea-green covers. RHB's price is the best now, and well worth it. It is about $15 per volume at that price.

If you didn't purchase your set yet, My Shelton Books is selling Manton's Works for $250 with free shipping in USA!!! It's the best price anywhere!!! Check it out here. Don't miss it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back