Thomas McCrie's 2 Volumes on Andrew Melville

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP Wallace

Puritan Board Sophomore
I looking into buying the above work "The Life of Andrew Melville" as I have an historical paper to write on Melville, but I'm a bit confused as it appears to be available as a 2 volume set, and perhaps/maybe a single volume, and, to add to the confusion there is an abridged version.

I guess I'm trying to work out if the single volumes offered are just the first volume, or both "volumes" in one book.

Does anyone have the 2 volume set that could perhaps furnish me with a photo or scan of the contents of both volumes (it's commonly Blackwood 1819 edition)?

Likewise does anyone have a single volume that could do the same?

Does anyone have the 2 volume set that could perhaps furnish me with a photo or scan of the contents of both volumes (it's commonly Blackwood 1819 edition)?

Likewise does anyone have a single volume that could do the same?

Paul,

You may read these volumes (or download them as PDFs) on the Internet Archive. Here is volume 1 and here is volume 2.

Thanks Daniel - I'd spotted some online elsewhere but the contents pages weren't scanned - I actually found out that the two volume set cover two periods of his life......and I think at least some single volumes cover both periods...ending in 1611 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back