Thomas Watson on Meditation now Available in eBook - The Saint's Spiritual Delight...

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
I love books on biblical meditation. Not enough of them are in eBook form. This one is a gem.

The Saint’s Spiritual Delight, and a Christian on the Mount by Thomas Watson (1620-1686)

Thomas Watson (1620-1686) was one of the most highly esteemed nonconformist Puritans of his day, as well as being an extremely popular preacher for today’s Reformed and Christian audience via his works. Most of Thomas Watson’s works are in print. They are filled with sound doctrine, practical wisdom, and heart-searching application. He is one of the most well-known and quoted Puritans.

This work is a combination of two of Watson’s rare treatises that were taught consecutively to his congregation. The first is called “The Saint’s Spiritual Delight” which covers the first part of Psalm 1:2, “But his delight is in the Law of the Lord.” He explains what spiritual delight is, how it relates to the Law of God, the fountain of spiritual delight in Christ, and then covers hypocrisy, conscience, holy delight and thankfulness.

His second treatise comes from the latter half of Psalm 1:2, “…and in his law doth he meditate day and night.” This is a wonderful guide for biblical meditation and one of the best Puritan works on the subject aside from its brevity. He covers the nature of meditation, the duty of meditation, the subjects of meditation, time for mediation, the usefulness of meditation, the excellency of meditation and certain rules for mediation.

This work is not a scan or facsimile and has been made easy to read with an active table of contents for electronic versions.

ePub Package at the Puritan Shop (Kindle, Nook, Apple and PDF versions)
The Saint's Spiritual Delight, and a Christian on the Mount by Thomas Watson at the Puritan Shop

Kindle Version
The Saint's Spiritual Delight, and a Christian on the Mount: Thomas Watson: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Nook Version
BARNES & NOBLE | The Saint's Spiritual Delight, and a Christian on the Mount by Thomas Watson | NOOK Book (eBook)

Print Version
The Saint's Spiritual Delight, and a Christian on the Mount by Thomas Watson (Paperback)

SaintsSpiritualDelightCOVER.jpg

Actually, I have 5-6 works on meditation that are in the "que". Watson is a short read in comparison, but a rich one.
I have works by Calamy, White, Ball, and a few other treats that will slowly emerge.
I find biblical meditation to be a neglected but important topic.

Actually, I have 5-6 works on meditation that are in the "que". Watson is a short read in comparison, but a rich one.
I have works by Calamy, White, Ball, and a few other treats that will slowly emerge.
I find biblical meditation to be a neglected but important topic.

After trying to find other works on biblical meditation, my experience concurs. Our sound-bite-fast-food society leaves such slow processes for the eccentric; too complicated for a postmodern mind that is only concerned with aesthetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back