Thomas Woods History and Economic audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamistThomist

Puritanboard Clerk
Lately I have been reading/listening to the material by Dr Thomas Woods (PhD. Columbia). His work on American history has been a detoxification process for me. I have revamped entire sections of my historiography. The first thing I came into contact was [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Politically-Incorrect-American-History-Guides/dp/0895260476/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199371838&sr=8-2"]The Politically Incorrect Guide to American History[/ame].

Now, he is a Roman Catholic and that could raise red flags, but he doesn't bring his Catholicism into his lectures (and anyway, we are big boys now and are (supposedly) able to handle different perspectives). For example, in one of his lectures he compared today's Evangelicalism baptizing America's empire-efforts with the early brand in McKinley's day. He was correct. And that was more of a critique at today's evangelicalism than a defense of Catholicism.

The following is free audio/video from the Mises Institute.
Mises Audio/Video Thomas E. Woods, Jr.

How long does it take to read one of those Politically Incorrect guides?

3 or 4 hours. The pros to them is that they (by definition) give you "the truth." The cons is that they don't always cite their sources (more to do wtih the publishing deals) so you really can't rely on them too much for a paper. But they are very useful overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back