Thoughts and Reputation of PRTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timotheos

Puritan Board Freshman
How is PRTS generally thought of around here and in the general reformed world (academia included) at large?

I'm not as conversant in the HRC or FRCNA denominations (?) and so wasn't sure about the schools rep or the acumen of the faculty.

Also, did they recently come into a LOT of money? It seems like they are putting out new scholarships, PhD programs, advertisements, and so on. I hope that is a sign of good things to come.

My wife and I just spent a week in Grand Rapids as we prepare to move there in July. I'm going to be a student at the seminary starting in August and we were VERY impressed by everything we've seen and heard. The building is beautiful, the library is impressive, and the faculty are scholarly, Pastoral, and pious. The students hail from all over the world and at 106 credit hours the curriculum is on the more rigorous side. Dr. Beeke is widely recognized as one of the foremost experts on Puritan studies in the world. Dr. Neele came to PRTS from Yale. Dr. Bilkes earned his PhD from Princeton while Dr. Salazaar recently graduated from Cambridge. The scholarly reputation of the school is becoming well established and its confessional credentials are without dispute.

I have a high regard for all of the brothers I have known who have graduated from PRTS, and I have a high regard for their faculty.

When I travel in Asia, they no longer ask me, as they did twenty years ago, "Michigan, isn't Calvin Seminary there?"
Now they ask "Michigan, isn't that where Puritan Reformed Seminary is?"
Men in Thailand, Nepal, and Singapore expressed their admiration for Dr. Beeke.

Gentlemen, thank you for you insights and thoughts. Your esteem for the seminary speaks volumes.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

I am enrolled in the Th.M. program there, and can say that they achieved accreditation with the Association of Reformed Theological Schools, and that the person in charge of the Ph.D. program is intent on making the program even more rigorous than it currently is. It is an eminently trustworthy and creditable confessionally Reformed school.

I am enrolled in the Th.M. program there, and can say that they achieved accreditation with the Association of Reformed Theological Schools, and that the person in charge of the Ph.D. program is intent on making the program even more rigorous than it currently is. It is an eminently trustworthy and creditable confessionally Reformed school.
I'm more impressed w/ their ATS accreditation. And I'm also glad to hear about their PhD program. I wonder how that will affect the admissions candidates and the required qualifications for acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back