Thrilled to now own the Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddyOfDavidClarkson

Puritan Board Freshman
It's been a long time coming, but I recently purchased and received (today) Spurgeon's Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit. What a fine display they are in my library.

I told my wife there is 10 billion blessings in these books and all the counseling you'll ever need. ;-)

It's been a long time coming, but I recently purchased and received (today) Spurgeon's Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit. What a fine display they are in my library.

I told my wife there is 10 billion blessings in these books and all the counseling you'll ever need. ;-)

Have you bought it new or used set ? Where have you bought and for a good price ?

An awesome set! If read, and I'm sure you will read them, they provide some of the best literature available and will indeed be a great counseling tool.

I also have that but I hate having to read entire sermons on my computer. I posted about this elsewhere, but I've come to the conclusion that I enjoy reading commentaries (reference material) within Logos and enjoying reading sermons/puritan works away from the computer.

It is nice to have it in Logos as well for the searching capability. I can find what I want there and go grab the volume of the shelf.

Wayyyy less romantic and impressive on the shelves but you can have all of the New Park Street Pulpit and the Metropolitan for under $100 electronically in the Logos system: http://www.logos.com/products/details/888

Nice thing is I can do a quick search on any passage of scripture or phrase and find anywhere where Spurgeon commented or preached on it.

Or for the .pdf route, you can get them all for $15 http://www.agessoftware.com/ages_spurgeon_collection_1.html

Man, I'd hate to think what the postage was on that set!

Did you have to add a room in order to house that monster?

The postage wasn't that awful. It was $60 on the Metropolitan Tabernacle Pulpit and $8 on the New Park Street Pulpit.

Overall, the entire set takes up 3.5 bookshelves of a standard 5-shelf bookcase.

The volumes are very pretty too with the dust jackets still on, each one is a different color. It looks like a rainbow of colors from a distance.

(Yes, now I'm gushing) :)

Man, I'd hate to think what the postage was on that set!

Did you have to add a room in order to house that monster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back