Tim McGraw - Live Like You Were Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Tick

Puritan Board Graduate
The song is about his father Tug McGraw relief pitcher for the phillies. He died of cancer.

[video=youtube;6xSGLZd9Vg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSGLZd9Vg4[/video]

Don't forget that Tug was first a relief pitcher for the Mets. He was the driving force in their 1973 pennant winning season. As a Met fan I had to get that in.

Don't forget that Tug was first a relief pitcher for the Mets. He was the driving force in their 1973 pennant winning season. As a Met fan I had to get that in.

I didn't realize this.

When I lived back east I remember Tug as a sportscaster on I believe channel 6 action news in Philly. This was back in the 80's in my youth. South Jersey.

I don't like country music. I don't like sappy lyrics.

That being said, I like this song for some reason. :lol:

I don't like country music. I don't like sappy lyrics.

That being said, I like this song for some reason. :lol:

You have a point on many songs, but country music is very rich in diversity .. this is one of my favorite country songs. [video=youtube;Ky4rfA_tebY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4rfA_tebY[/video]

Now that you mention it....I can see it in the eyes! Shake her hand for me and tell her sjonee said hey! What's her name though?

I'm not really a Carrie Underwood fan. I had a friend who went to one of her concerts. She sang "Jesus, Take the Wheel" in a gown that took up half the stage. Then some wires ripped the gown off, and she sang one of her slutty songs in a mini-dress.

I don't like listening to hypocrites sing songs about the Lord.

That's Carrie Underwood. It is her real name. She was 'discovered' on American Idol. It is the only time I've every put up with watching the show. And, yes our families are pretty closely connected.

That's Carrie Underwood. It is her real name. She was 'discovered' on American Idol. It is the only time I've every put up with watching the show. Her father, Stephen is my second cousin.

Wow! Dude! That's Carrie Underwood?!!! Cool and your cousin! My brother-in-law's niece was on American Idol and got pretty far didn't win but she has ofters! Neat!

I'm not really a Carrie Underwood fan. I had a friend who went to one of her concerts. She sang "Jesus, Take the Wheel" in a gown that took up half the stage. Then some wires ripped the gown off, and she sang one of her slutty songs in a mini-dress.

Sometimes we have to look beyond the artist and appreciate the art they bring. I dare say we can find something to complain about about any artist.

Sometimes we have to look beyond the artist and appreciate the art they bring. I dare say we can find something to complain about about any artist.

I'm not saying that everyone needs to have the same perspective as I do. But, for me personally, I do not like listening to songs with Christian lyrics if the person singing the song does not have a credible profession of faith. I don't like listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sing Christian songs or vile secular artists sing religious Christmas music for the same reason.

I enjoy plenty of secular songs sung by both secular and Christian artists. I love music! My heart just gets bothered when I try to appreciate Christ-filled lyrics coming from unregenerated people.

Only my opinion. :)

Yeah, like Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Monet, Tchaikovsky, and a whole passel of others. Now, before anyone throws out the, 'Yeah, but . . .' those fellows were 'pop' artists of the day.

My heart just gets bothered when I try to appreciate Christ-filled lyrics coming from unregenerated people.

Well, I don't know if Carrie Underwood is regenerated or unregenerated. But the song is a powerful song (she didn't write it) and her vocals are superb to my ear.

Well, I don't know if Carrie Underwood is regenerated or unregenerated. But the song is a powerful song (she didn't write it) and her vocals are superb to my ear.

That's fine. :D I'm not taking issue with that. I was mentioning more of a personal quirk of mine (ask my husband, I have plenty of them), not a prescriptive belief that all Christians must hold.

I'm glad you like the song. I know many people who do. I'm just not one of them. :lol: And that's okay too.

:handshake:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back