TO ALL MEMBERS OF PB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Bushey

Puritanboard Commissioner
Please yield to the recent administrative request:

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS

Dear Friends,

For those who are currently visiting the Puritanboard (www.puritanboard.com), we would like you to update your "signature" to include the following items:

Name and Title
Ministry Position and State (if you are an elder or pastor)
Name of Home Church you are a member of or serve in
Home City and State

A signature would look like this:

Rev. Dr. William Perkins
Pastor/Theologian, Westminster Abbey (England)
London, England

Or if you are a student, you could do the following:

William Perkins
Grace PCA (Hudson, OH)
Reformed Theological Seminary, MATS student, Jackson, MS

We would appreciate you adding this into your signature so that we can know who you are as a poster on the board. Screen names are great, but they are becoming confusing and we would like to have the proper information on each member.

We will send out another email that will formally explain this process for all new members as well as creating a new splash page for member induction. But for those on the board already, we would appreciate you updating your information the next time you visit.

Thanks so much,
In Him,
The Admins
(Matthew, Scott, Phillip, and Fred)
2-13-04

*Failure to comply will result in suspension of posting privaledges.

Thanks,
SPB

Here's a thought:

For anyone who may be uncomfortable placing their personal information in their signature line, to be picked up by the search engines....

Create a small "image" (banner, avitar, picture etc.) on your computer with your name, church affiliation, location, etc, in it, and then upload the image and link to it (such as we do with our avitar). In this way we still have the information in our signature, yet (in my opinion) we're not exposing ourselves, our information to our curious friends/ relatives who are "googling" trying to find our what were up too, and what our deepest innermost thoughts are. :)

(To place the image in your signature line you would type: [ img]http://www.yourwebsite.com/filename.jpg[/img ] )

:roll:

[Edited on 2-26-2004 by ChristianasJourney]

[i:842625dc46]Originally posted by ChristianasJourney[/i:842625dc46]
In this way we still have the information in our signature, yet (in my opinion) we're not exposing ourselves, our information to our curious friends/ relatives who are "googling" trying to find our what were up too, and what our deepest innermost thoughts are. :)

My innermost thoughts have been focused on how to make this little guys head spin.... LIKE THIS :spin:

[quote:349fcffc5b][i:349fcffc5b]Originally posted by webmaster[/i:349fcffc5b]
Gregg,

Yes. It costs about $5.83 a month.

Think its worth it?? :) [/quote:349fcffc5b]

Reply...

Does this mean that Janice will have to pay $5.83/month for hers?:bouncy:

a friend told told me about the signature. So I have just read this. I dont feel comfortable Putting my whole name or what city I live in. That sounds dangerous. 2 years ago on another site I had someone start sending me 16 emails a day and attacking me in the forums because he said that its Gods will for him it marry me and if I did not email him I was not saved.
I think giving your last name on here is very dangerous because then a person only has to put it into Bell's search engine and they can find your street address and phone number.

[quote:94d201f727][i:94d201f727]Originally posted by Scott Bushey[/i:94d201f727]We would appreciate you adding this into your signature so that we can know who you are as a poster on the board. Screen names are great, but they are becoming confusing and we would like to have the proper information on each member. [/quote:94d201f727]

I hear the black helecopters overhead.

:D

[Edited on 4-23-2004 by raderag]

So Im not the only one who has black copters flying overhead:scratch:

Anyway if you ahvent allready please comply with the rules:

Bladestunner316

Just reminding everyone. Some new folks haven't complied yet and some old folks have been gone during this transition. Please comply.

[quote:dff3027e24]
Please yield to the recent administrative request:

EVERYONE PLEASE READ THIS

Dear Friends,

For those who are currently visiting the Puritanboard (www.puritanboard.com), we would like you to update your "signature" to include the following items:

Name and Title
Ministry Position and State (if you are an elder or pastor)
Name of Home Church you are a member of or serve in
Home City and State

A signature would look like this:

Rev. Dr. William Perkins
Pastor/Theologian, Westminster Abbey (England)
London, England

Or if you are a student, you could do the following:

William Perkins
Grace PCA (Hudson, OH)
Reformed Theological Seminary, MATS student, Jackson, MS

We would appreciate you adding this into your signature so that we can know who you are as a poster on the board. Screen names are great, but they are becoming confusing and we would like to have the proper information on each member.

We will send out another email that will formally explain this process for all new members as well as creating a new splash page for member induction. But for those on the board already, we would appreciate you updating your information the next time you visit.

Thanks so much,
In Him,
The Admins
(Matthew, Scott, Phillip, and Fred)
2-13-04

*Failure to comply will result in suspension of posting privaledges.

Thanks,
SPB
[/quote:dff3027e24]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back