For those in Christ, the worst is now,
Yet better, evermore.
So put your hands to the plough,
And reap what is in store.

Affliction light, and mercy great,
Is to the Lord’s own kin.
So bear your cross’s sweetly weight,
And rest on Peace within.

Thank you for sharing these lovely lines with us, Kyle. You are quite the poet. It is good to fix our mind heavenward and to not dwell overmuch on earthly things. Our time here is so brief. It is but for a moment and then it is gone. All the irritations, sorrows and pain though it seems as though such a vast amount of time lies before us until it will end, once we get there, it will seem as though but a moment has passed.

I wish so much that I could get unbelievers to realize how pointless this life is if there is nothing after it. They make up their own meaning, a meaning that has no point outside of that sliver of existence which is the "now" moment. It makes me sad to think of the countless numbers who have gone to their graves having hope only in this life alone; and all that which made up all their lives is gone now and they have nothing eternal.

Thank you for sharing these lovely lines with us, Kyle. You are quite the poet. It is good to fix our mind heavenward and to not dwell overmuch on earthly things. Our time here is so brief. It is but for a moment and then it is gone. All the irritations, sorrows and pain though it seems as though such a vast amount of time lies before us until it will end, once we get there, it will seem as though but a moment has passed.

I wish so much that I could get unbelievers to realize how pointless this life is if there is nothing after it. They make up their own meaning, a meaning that has no point outside of that sliver of existence which is the "now" moment. It makes me sad to think of the countless numbers who have gone to their graves having hope only in this life alone; and all that which made up all their lives is gone now and they have nothing eternal.
I agree. The thought of having one’s hopes fixed solely on this life is a terrifying thing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back