"Today's Posts" in mobile version of PB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch2k

Puritan Board Graduate
Rich,

I use the mobile version of PB quite a bit, and one of the things that just bugs me, is that when signed out, "Today's Posts" is at the top just like we have it on the desktop version. However, when you sign in, "Today's Posts" disappears, and one is left with only "New Posts". I know you're busy, but if you ever have a free moment, would this be possible to change it so that "Today's Posts" appears when I log in?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

What's wrong with New Posts? That's what I use when Mobile because I'm bw constrained.

What's your advantage to Today's Posts?

When I surf the PB, the "Today's Posts" is about all I use, probably about 95% of the time. Often times, I will hook up to the PB via mobile, get intersted in a subject I see, only to be inturrupted by work, or something else, and when I connect again, that particular thread is nowhere to be found via "New Posts".

I'm on the PB mobile quite a bit these days since I could get into trouble for visiting the site at work.

It is totally my preference, and I understand that. I just thought I would give my :2cents:. I completely respect whatever decision you make either way!

Thanks!

That used to happen to me on my Motoral Q9 and my Blackberry Curve. The iPhone has no such problem. You get the full PB web page.

Bill,

Yeah, I can view the page in desktop format with Skyfire or Opera (very similar to iPhone), but the problem for me is that I get horrible service in my office. I call it the batcave, because we have absolutely no windows, and sometimes I am lucky to see the light of day. In that environment especially, I need pages that are as small as possible data-wise so that my bad connection won't take an hour to download. The mobile version of PB is very small, and takes very little time to download, so I end up using it more often when I'm on the go.

Jeff,

Could you make a bookmark for the today's posts link and access it that way?

Thanks Fred and Josh! I have tried to do that in the past, but for some reason it didn't happen. This works for me!

Thanks for the help all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back