Together 2016 Gathering in DC to gather 1 million for unity - and gay church apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
The app was released in time for tomorrow's launch of the Together 2016 - Reset gathering of what organizer Nick Hall hopes will be 1 million people on Washington D.C.'s National Mall - all in the name of unity.

Need to find a church that affirms the homosexual lifestyle? The new Together 2016 iPhone and Android app can help you find a place of worship where your sin is affirmed.

download (1).jpg

Here is a list of attendees:

This so-called revival is bringing Assemblies of God Supt. George O. Wood and Southern Baptist Convention president Ronnie Floyd together to link arms in spiritual unity with the Pentecostal Charismatic Churches of North America, Grace Communion International (formerly the Armstrongism Worldwide Church of God), and a host of familiar Chrislebrities including Hillsong United, Kari Jobe, Francis Chan, Lecrae, Nick Hall, Passion, Crowder, Kirk Franklin, Ravi Zacharias, Jeremy Camp, Bob Lenz, Andy Mineo, Michael W. Smith, Lauren Daigle, Christine Caine, Mark Batterson, Matthew West,Jo Saxton, Mike Kelsey, Casting Crowns, John K. Jenkins Sr., Josh McDowell, Laurel Bunker, Luis Palau, Tedashii, Tasha Cobbs, Lacey Sturm, York Moore, Trip Lee, Samuel Rodriguez, Ronnie Floyd, Reid Saunders, Jose Zayas, Jennie Allen, Nabeel Qureshi, Ann Voskamp, KB, Christine D'Clario, Matt Maher, Sammy Wanyonyi, Lindsey Nobles, Amena Brown, and Josh Brewer.

The new head of the SBC (Southern Baptists) will also be there, Ronnie Floyd because (in a letter he sent out) "America needs spiritual awakening" (by gathering with the Pope, it seems).

----

"I hate, I reject your festivals,
Nor do I delight in your solemn assemblies.
Even though you offer up to Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them;
And I will not even look at the peace offerings of your fatlings.
Take away from Me the noise of your songs;
I will not even listen to the sound of your harps."

Amos 5:21-23

Last edited:
About all one can hope for from an event like this is that God will work in the lives of those that attend in spite of the theological mess that will be its theme. When I came to faith in Christ it was during the time of the "Jesus Movement" in the late 70's. I was involved is some pretty sketchy theology back then. God was gracious with me and has brought me through a circuitous route to where I am today. I pray He does the same with the young people who will be attending this event.

Here is what I wrote on Facebook:

About the Together 2016 gathering in Washington D.C.:

This week there is an ecumenical gathering of religious figures in Washington D.C. focusing on unity, known as Together 2016 (replete with the Pope, Hillsong, and the head of the Southern Baptists).

Here is how the meeting is described in the news: "Today it was announced that Pope Francis would deliver a video message to help unite Christians in the "Next Great Awakening" at Together 2016, joining in the ecumenical gathering. Together 2016, also known as The Reset Movement, bringing together different religions in an effort to erase the lines of doctrinal divisions."

Another news source writes: "The day’s lineup includes a number of musical acts, from hip-hop artists to rock bands, as well as several speakers. Those performers, Hall said, were selected because organizers felt they were the leaders of the millennial faith generation."

Nick Hall, who helped organize the event, said:

"We are humbled and honored...That His Holiness [The Pope] would choose to speak into this historic day is a testament to the urgency and the need for followers of Jesus to unite in prayer for our nation and our world."
Another artist, Kirk Franklin, helped produce a profane album with Kanye West (who has compared himself to Jesus and whose albums, including this one, contains much profanity).

Many will probably think this is a good thing and will praise god for such an event.

Southern Baptist President Ronnie Floyd, writes that this gathering is “a solemn assembly” and its focus is on "Spiritual Awakening" in the United States. He is pictured below with the false teacher Kenneth Copeland with the caption "United as One" advertising another such ecumenical event, The Gathering.

These inter-faith gatherings often get much attention and, while there is a good way to be "ecumenical" within boundaries, I cannot endorse any ecumenical meeting where false teachers are given the stage or spoken of as "united" within the Pure Bride of Christ.

For a true revival to happen, it must happen first within the churches, and one mark of such a revival would be doctrinal purity and the expulsion of heresies. Syncretism in Israel's worship was a major theme of the Old Testament, and purity of worship is a New Testament priority.

Listen to what God says about such "solemn" and "ecumenical" assemblies:

Even though you offer up to Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them;

------ Amos 5:21-23

Consider also the unbiblical nature of these unwise assemblies where false teachers are given stage-time and a voice and an endorsement by true believers:

“Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?” 2 Corinthians 7:3

“If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.” 2 John 10-11

“Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.” Ephesians 5:11
Pope_Together_c0-0-1923-1121_s561x327.jpg 13686606_10155022560240558_7496526669444719263_n.jpg

And here is the Pope's endorsement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfVvuCNhkF4

The event was cut short due to heat. One Facebook poster put it well:

"So with all the NAR prophets and pentacostals at #Together2016 no one could pray down better weather?"

"15 The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made:
in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.

16 The Lord is known by the judgment which he executeth:
the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands.
Higgaion. Selah.

17 The wicked shall be turned into hell,
and all the nations that forget God.

18 For the needy shall not alway be forgotten:
the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.

19 Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail:
let the heathen be judged in thy sight.

20 Put them in fear, O Lord:
that the nations may know themselves to be but men." -Psalm 9

Here is what I wrote on Facebook:

About the Together 2016 gathering in Washington D.C.:

This week there is an ecumenical gathering of religious figures in Washington D.C. focusing on unity, known as Together 2016 (replete with the Pope, Hillsong, and the head of the Southern Baptists).

Here is how the meeting is described in the news: "Today it was announced that Pope Francis would deliver a video message to help unite Christians in the "Next Great Awakening" at Together 2016, joining in the ecumenical gathering. Together 2016, also known as The Reset Movement, bringing together different religions in an effort to erase the lines of doctrinal divisions."

Another news source writes: "The day’s lineup includes a number of musical acts, from hip-hop artists to rock bands, as well as several speakers. Those performers, Hall said, were selected because organizers felt they were the leaders of the millennial faith generation."

Nick Hall, who helped organize the event, said:

"We are humbled and honored...That His Holiness [The Pope] would choose to speak into this historic day is a testament to the urgency and the need for followers of Jesus to unite in prayer for our nation and our world."
Another artist, Kirk Franklin, helped produce a profane album with Kanye West (who has compared himself to Jesus and whose albums, including this one, contains much profanity).

Many will probably think this is a good thing and will praise god for such an event.

Southern Baptist President Ronnie Floyd, writes that this gathering is “a solemn assembly” and its focus is on "Spiritual Awakening" in the United States. He is pictured below with the false teacher Kenneth Copeland with the caption "United as One" advertising another such ecumenical event, The Gathering.

These inter-faith gatherings often get much attention and, while there is a good way to be "ecumenical" within boundaries, I cannot endorse any ecumenical meeting where false teachers are given the stage or spoken of as "united" within the Pure Bride of Christ.

For a true revival to happen, it must happen first within the churches, and one mark of such a revival would be doctrinal purity and the expulsion of heresies. Syncretism in Israel's worship was a major theme of the Old Testament, and purity of worship is a New Testament priority.

Listen to what God says about such "solemn" and "ecumenical" assemblies:

------ Amos 5:21-23

Consider also the unbiblical nature of these unwise assemblies where false teachers are given stage-time and a voice and an endorsement by true believers:

“Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever?” 2 Corinthians 7:3

“If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, do not receive him into your house or give him any greeting, for whoever greets him takes part in his wicked works.” 2 John 10-11

“Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.” Ephesians 5:11
View attachment 4550View attachment 4551

And here is the Pope's endorsement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfVvuCNhkF4

Well, it is quite telling when the AntiChrist, that Man of Sin, promotes a gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back