Top threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott1

Puritanboard Commissioner
It might be helpful to have a short list of top threads so new people could review them and more seasoned members could re-experience their fond memories of them.

This could be done in several ways:

1) Having a quick list of all threads rated "5"
2) Having a quick list of all the all time most viewed threads
3) Having a moderators choice threads that best present information in a helpful manner
4) Having a members choice where members vote on top threads, say each year.

#3 might be a helpful resource where some of the topics with most passionate interest could be selected because they are of good quality in learning about a topic (e.g. exclusive psalmody, images of Christ, infant and adult baptism, etc.) Moderators could privately vote regularly (e.g. once a quarter) and keep a quick list posted on the home page.

And off the home page, maybe there could be a quick list of threads on topics that have provided the greatest amount of high quality debate, presenting biblical, reformed thought while being challenged. We have many of them here on Puritan Board.

This would be beneficial to new members, encourage research, and might even inspire higher quality debate overall. This could be a teaching tool as well as one for review.

I think it's a great idea. Too often, good stuff drifts down the list and into the archives.

By the way, how do you thank someone?

I think it's a great idea. Too often, good stuff drifts down the list and into the archives.

By the way, how do you thank someone?

Once the Great Poo-bah decides you're a real person with only one account, you'll be granted the ability to "thank".

For most people this happens around 15 posts. Your results probably won't vary.

I remember something like that when I first joined . . . back in the day. Ah the memories, I'm getting teary eyed now, I have to go.:(

Aren't the highest post counts the biggest fights? eerrrr...debates?

Possibly, but I like to see WHY people believe or reject something. It helps with my learning process. When intelligent people get passionate about something, there usually is something important at stake. I don't think red or blue carpet is going to make the hit parade :lol: .

There's probably a post about this somewhere, but briefly, what's a "Reformed Anabaptist"?

Technically anyone who believes my kid's baptisms weren't valid, and would require them to get re baptized upon joining their church, this church holding to the five points of Calvinism. The word means to be baptised again, but when we use the word in modern English in the Reformed world it's usually derogatory, as in an extremist.

Reformed and Anabaptist together is an oxymoron more so than Reformed Baptist in my opinion.

There were Puritans who were credo-Baptists but Anabaptists doctrinally were not Calvinistic, covenantal, were pacifists, anti-civil government, nor were they considered Puritans. Some held heretical views concerning inspiration and Christ. It would be better to be known as anti-paedobaptist than a anabaptist.

I am not so sure it would be a good idea to have a listing of specific threads topically. Searches are good for finding threads and topics and we who have been on the board for a time can usually remember where to find them for reference. Sometimes we might make them into blogs. It would be too time consuming for us mods and admins to keep up on some of the recommendations. We have lives to attend to outside of the board also. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back