Toward the Future of Reformed Theology

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatechumenPatrick

Puritan Board Freshman
Has anyone heard of the compendium of essays Toward the Future of Reformed Theology: Tasks, Topics, and Traditions - edited by David Willis and Michael Welker? I've been looking it over online the past few days and I'm a little suspicious that the "Reformed" is a misnomer, at least not meaning confessionally Reformed. I'm interested in reading about the contemporary state of (confessional) Reformed Christianity, theology, and philosophy. I'll be starting graduate studies in philosophy next fall, so I'd like to be familiar with areas in Reformed philosophy that are in need of Scripturally-based philosophical analysis (any ideas? What are some weak or undeveloped areas of our Reformed faith, theological or philosophical?) I'm quite tired of undergraduate studies, of not writing anything that is worthy of publication, writing that is not helping to advance Reformed thought.

I had a look at this book in connection with my doctoral research. I noted that the authors appeared to be neo-orthodox. However, chapter 31 regarding Reformed confessions after 1945 appeared interesting, but probably only for my research purposes.

Yes, the book is certainly NOT reformed in a confessional sense. Willis and Welker (and co.) are post-Barthians. It's like the PCUSA: people in it call themselves "presbyterian", but in an institutional (and perhaps sociological) sense, not in a confessional sense.

Blessings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back