Traill on Justification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny - excellent article. Thanks for the link. I've been preaching all summer on justification by faith and this work has been welcome validation.

Hi Bill,

It really is amazing how concise it is (only 45 pages in his Works), yet how comprehensive.

It is also so clearly applicable to the current controversy with the Federal Vision, which in many ways is a modern version of the old error of Neonomianism.

Danny - slight deviation from your OP. Do you believe the FV is making inroads into Reformed Baptist circles? From what I understand of the FV it is has it's roots in the Presbyterianism. I'm wondering whether it has cross-over potential, in the short term, into the Baptist camp?

Danny - slight deviation from your OP. Do you believe the FV is making inroads into Reformed Baptist circles? From what I understand of the FV it is has it's roots in the Presbyterianism. I'm wondering whether it has cross-over potential, in the short term, into the Baptist camp?

The crossover potential is probably to be found in Daniel Fuller's ideas, which have made it into "Reformed" Baptist churches.

Interesting. I don't know much about Daniel Fuller. Can you tell me anything about him or cite some sources I can research. I certainly want to beware of FV making its way into Baptist circles, especially as my church becomes more Reformed.

Jeffrey Smith is currently putting the nail in the coffin of the NPP in Refromed Baptist Theological Review. Any reformed baptists who are reading that are unlikely to be sucked in.

Jeffrey Smith is currently putting the nail in the coffin of the NPP in Refromed Baptist Theological Review. Any reformed baptists who are reading that are unlikely to be sucked in.

Ken - tell me more about this publication.

FV Controversy

I have read various opinions on all the FV issues but am looking for a spot that outlines their positions in a clear fashion. Is there anywhere that I can go that will give me pros/cons and summations on this whole controversy? I am not a theologian so please lead me to a more layman definitionor description of this controversy.

I have always enjoyed their history conferences. I feel confused as to this whole rigamaroll.
Thanks
Tom

Ken - tell me more about this publication.

Ken - don't worry about it. I got the information.

I have read various opinions on all the FV issues but am looking for a spot that outlines their positions in a clear fashion. Is there anywhere that I can go that will give me pros/cons and summations on this whole controversy? I am not a theologian so please lead me to a more layman definitionor description of this controversy.

I have always enjoyed their history conferences. I feel confused as to this whole rigamaroll.
Thanks
Tom

in my opinion you are best off purchasing The Auburn Avenue Theology, Pros & Cons: Debating the Federal Vision available here http://www.pointsouth.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ABS&Product_Code=AUBURN-AVE and elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back