Trip to the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Puritan Board Senior
Went to the hospital today. Wasn't quite sure where I was going and a nurse she was going that way and would show me. It was almost like a tour of the hospital. "This is the Geriatric Ward," she said "where I began my nursing career."

We walked through another ward, "This is the Coronary Care Unit, I am going to be moving to this ward soon."

We came to the next corridor and she unlocked the door, we stepped into a strange looking ward before she locked the door behind us. Beside the first bed a man stood gazing out the window transfixed on the flower beds outside. He was actually singing, "My love is like a red red rose that's newly sprung in June."

Two beds up from that a patient sat bolt upright staring straight ahead with his arm raised as if holding an imaginary knife. He was shouting,"Fair fa' your honest sonsie face, great chieftain o the puddin' race."

At the end of the ward two patients faced each other holding hands with their arms crossed singing Auld Lang Syne.

The nurse unlocked the door at the far end and we stepped into the corridor before she locked it again.

"What sort of a ward was that?" I asked, "Was that the Psychiatric Ward?"

"No," said the nurse, "that's the Severe Burns Unit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back