Truths We Confess - R.C. Sproul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arch2k

Puritan Board Graduate
My best bud just bought me a copy of Truths We Confess, by R.C. Sproul.

Truths We Confess: A Layman's Guide to the Westminster Confession of Faith Author: R.C. Sproul Hardcover , 279 pages In his three-volume exposition of the Westminster Confession of Faith, R.C. Sproul writes with both insight into current issues and clarity for lay readers. This first volume, covering chapters 1-8 of the confession, explains what we need to understand about Holy Scripture, God and the Trinity, his decree, creation, providence, the fall into sin, God’s covenant, and Christ the Mediator. Every discussion is geared toward bringing us to a deeper knowledge of and greater love for the doctrines of grace set forth in God’s Word.

159638039X.jpg

That is something I would really like to get. It looks like there is only the first volume so far. Wish there was a store near me that might carry it so I could flip through it. There is one really large Christian Book store that might have it.

Are the other volumes out Jeff? How is Sproul on WCF 1.6 on circumstances? That might give a clue on how he will deal with the RPW in chapter 21 if the other volumes are not out yet?

This is the first of three volumes Sproul plans to put out on the Westminster Confession. Only the first volume is currently available.

I am really curious as to how Sproul interprets certain parts of the confession as well, especially with regards to the regulative principle and other "hot" topics in the confession.

Right now, the book is still in the mail, so I have not received it yet. I will try to get back to some of your questions as soon as it arrives at my house. :book2:

This is the first of three volumes Sproul plans to put out on the Westminster Confession. Only the first volume is currently available.

Morecraft touches on the regulative principle quite thoroughly. I admit I was new to this subject matter before I read his book.

How God Wants Us to Worship Him (Paperback)
by Joe Morecraft

Amazon.com: How God Wants Us to Worship Him: Books: Joe Morecraft

I am really curious as to how Sproul interprets certain parts of the confession as well, especially with regards to the regulative principle and other \"hot\" topics in the confession.

Right now, the book is still in the mail, so I have not received it yet. I will try to get back to some of your questions as soon as it arrives at my house. :book2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back