TV and Phone via Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

blhowes

Puritan Board Professor
Right now, we have a bundled cable TV/internet/phone service that we're paying WAY too much for (~$240/month). I'm exploring different options, one of which is to go with a different provider. They have a good introductory offer that will end up being around $150 per month after 3 years, even cheaper for the 1st two years.

I'd also like to check into going a different route and do everything via the internet, instead of paying for all three. Maybe something like Vonage for phone and Netflix for TV. I was wondering if anybody's gone this route and used the internet exclusively for their phone and/or cable TV service. What do you use/recommend? Are you able to watch all the TV shows you normally would with cable TV using the internet?

Guess what I just did this morning? We just signed up with a bundle package that covers phone, net and TV. The only reason we went with this one is because we are able to keep our phone land line separate from our cable and net service. We live in Florida and my wife wants phone service if the power goes out. I have heard of only problems when you combine internet with the phone on the same line.

Guess what I just did this morning? We just signed up with a bundle package that covers phone, net and TV. The only reason we went with this one is because we are able to keep our phone land line separate from our cable and net service. We live in Florida and my wife wants phone service if the power goes out. I have heard of only problems when you combine internet with the phone on the same line.
As I was reading your post, the thought came to me - "Do I even need a land line phone?" - I've wondered this for a while, especially since everybody in the family has a cell phone.

As I was reading your post, the thought came to me - "Do I even need a land line phone?" - I've wondered this for a while, especially since everybody in the family has a cell phone.

If it were up to me I would get rid of our land line....but The Queen rules and if she is happy I am happy.

Right now, we have a bundled cable TV/internet/phone service that we're paying WAY too much for (~$240/month)

That IS way too much. Ours runs in that range, but we have about $100 worth of cell phones on the bill as well.

I have heard of only problems when you combine internet with the phone on the same line.

We've not had any problems since we bundled. We've got an 8 hour battery for the phone service if the power goes out.

We use our wireless service for everything. Phone, internet, movies via Netflix. We have had very few problems, all of which have been solved by a reboot of our modem. Because of hubby's biz, we have the super-speedy package, which runs 100$ a month for everything. We got a Roku box that provides streaming of Netflix(lots of other thjngs, too, but we just use it for NFlix).

We use our wireless service for everything. Phone, internet, movies via Netflix. We have had very few problems, all of which have been solved by a reboot of our modem. Because of hubby's biz, we have the super-speedy package, which runs 100$ a month for everything. We got a Roku box that provides streaming of Netflix(lots of other thjngs, too, but we just use it for NFlix).
Are you able to watch your favorite TV shows also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back