Two New Books - Packer and Piper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Packer remained committed to Anglicanism until the very end. I was wondering what his final work was going to be.

Since Packer was unable to write his systematic theology due to failing eyesight, I'm interested to know about this book. Is it a "through-written" book or is it a collection of previously-published essays (and, perhaps, some previously unpublished stuff) that's been duct-taped together, so to speak? Was this book begun by Packer himself or is it something the publisher came up with after his death (or, possibly, something Packer started and the publisher finished)? I hope there will be a preface of sorts that gives a clear explanation of the origin of the book. In any case, whatever the subject, Packer is always worth reading.

I bought a few books recently from Westminster TS bookstore. They included a pamphlet debuting Piper's new book 'Providence.' I immediately threw it in the trash bin.

Piper publicly threw President Trump under the bus and may have affected the results of the election. Trump has plenty of warts, rude, crude, and obnoxious, but assisting the alternative to take the presidency was a travesty.

We need only monitor the news each morning to see what sinful policies these people are attempting to bring into law by legislation, or executive order.

Attachments

• Biden_exec.jpg
    Biden_exec.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 0
I bought a few books recently from Westminster TS bookstore. They included a pamphlet debuting Piper's new book 'Providence.' I immediately threw it in the trash bin.

Piper publicly threw President Trump under the bus and may have affected the results of the election. Trump has plenty of warts, rude, crude, and obnoxious, but assisting the alternative to take the presidency was a travesty.

We need only monitor the news each morning to see what sinful policies these people are attempting to bring into law by legislation, or executive order.
That picture :rofl:

I am actually quite excited to read Packer's work on the Anglican church. It should be an interesting read. That said, I am still unsure whether I will work through Piper's latest or not, but we shall see.

Since Packer was unable to write his systematic theology due to failing eyesight, I'm interested to know about this book.

Actually, the closet thing to a Systematic Theology he had written was To Be a Christian: An Anglican Catechism. There's a free pdf version of it if you search on google, though I doubt it's legitimate so I don't share it here. We may also consider his classic Knowing God and Concise Theology as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back