Two New Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookslover

Puritan Board Doctor
Just got 'em today:

A Case for Historic Premillennialism: An Alternative to "Left Behind" Eschatology, edited by Craig L. Blomberg and Sung Wook Chung (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2009). I've been waiting a long time for a book like this. Finally! A book-length defense of historic (or classic) premillennialism which firmly disconnects it from dispensationalism. Premillennialism was around a long time before dispensationalism showed up. It's time people were reminded of that fact.

Systematic Theology: Grounded in Holy Scripture and Understood in the Light of the Church: Volume One: The God Who Is: The Holy Trinity by Douglas F. Kelly (Fearn: Mentor, 2008). After some years when it seemed like systematic theologians were wondering if their discipline could actually be done, several excellent STs have been published in the last ten years or so. I'm confident that Kelly's contribution will be another choice example.

I just bought Kelly's ST book as well. I had Dr. Kelly for ST 1 at RTS, and learned much from him. Should be a great read.

Just got 'em today:

A Case for Historic Premillennialism: An Alternative to "Left Behind" Eschatology, edited by Craig L. Blomberg and Sung Wook Chung (Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2009). I've been waiting a long time for a book like this. Finally! A book-length defense of historic (or classic) premillennialism which firmly disconnects it from dispensationalism. Premillennialism was around a long time before dispensationalism showed up. It's time people were reminded of that fact.

Systematic Theology: Grounded in Holy Scripture and Understood in the Light of the Church: Volume One: The God Who Is: The Holy Trinity by Douglas F. Kelly (Fearn: Mentor, 2008). After some years when it seemed like systematic theologians were wondering if their discipline could actually be done, several excellent STs have been published in the last ten years or so. I'm confident that Kelly's contribution will be another choice example.

Dr Kelly's ST is already finished or the 3rd volume is still not the last?

Defenitely that is The ST to have, looking forward to buy it when will be possible :think:

Of course I am more than happy with Bavinck's RD

I've started reading Kelly's book. I was startled to discover that he uses the KJV as his default translation throughout. I guess he didn't get the memo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back