Two weeks until college football starts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaScriptura

Puritanboard Brimstone
Yes! We're only two weeks away from week 1 of college football. I'm always excited about the annual PB Pick'em... I hope you'll consider joining us for another exciting season!

The poor Georgia sportswriters have two more weeks to rewrite the story about having two top-ranked young quarterbacks. Yesterday they were so starved for story material they wrote about Rodrigo Blankenship's new glasses!

I've done some preliminary matchups - some really good games opening weekend. Miami - LSU will probably be a good game, as well, but they are disqualified for playing on the Lord's Day.

Go Mississippi State! Setting up for another year of disappointment in the SEc West...

When did college ball start playing on Sunday?

It's been not uncommon for several years for the networks to schedule a high profile college game on the Lord's Day before the regular season NFL games start.

With NFL viewership dropping, it may start creeping into the regular season. I also recall one game, cancelled by a hurricane, that was re-scheduled to a Sunday.

This game would seem to match a student body with a heavily Jewish population (18% undergrad, 24% grad per the Hillel organization) against a student body with a large Catholic component (40-50% per the student newspaper).

Go Mississippi State! Setting up for another year of disappointment in the SEc West...

They should win the first four, lose three of the next four, then win 3 of the last 4. (247 lists them as 4th best in the SEC, 3rd best in the west. ESPN the same.) I'll call them 8-4 with a plus or minus of 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back