Typing in tongues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
Just when I thought I'd seen it all from the Pentecostal/Charismatic camp, it seems "Prophetess" Juanita Bynum has now taken to typing in tongues on Facebook. :doh:

View attachment 2295
(Click image to enlarge)

Hmm. I do that quite often. But that is when I'm using Dragon NaturallySpeaking with too much background noise.

But shouldn't what you type in tongues be pronounceable, even if it is gibberish?

I wonder if this is a "gift" that can be controlled, or if it comes on unexpectedly while one is in the middle of yikenlb bui tkao ejins ir bklpspoernd?

In the 7:01 post she was apparantly typing in the language of Superman's enemy, Mr. Mxyzptlk. If only we can just get her to say those words backwards then she will be returned to the 5th Dimension.

In the 7:01 post she was apparantly typing in the language of Superman's enemy, Mr. Mxyzptlk. If only we can just get her to say those words backwards then she will be returned to the 5th Dimension.

This might possibly be the nerdiest, yet simultaneously coolest thing ever shared on the PB. :up:

Seriously, though. I'm picturing several members of our former church who would say, "How do you know the Holy Spirit can't speak through people this way?" And there would be absolutely no way they would be satistied with an explanation of the concept of tongues and why they were used in the NT. :banghead:

For All of you that are partaking in the typing of tongues we are taking names and elders will be notified. :p
We also need some moderation in order to prevent this online movement from progressing towards utilization of the puritanboard forum as a means of digital spirit slaying :judge:

thats like the italian preacher who started a "revival" when he banged his leg on the pulpit and started shouting "ihitamyshin"

765615-mr._myx_box_art.jpg

Here he is! Looks like he's bringing a dessert to a fellowship luncheon.

765615-mr._myx_box_art.jpg

Here he is! Looks like he's bringing a dessert to a fellowship luncheon.

Ha ha ha. As one of the pastors at the oddball charismatic church that I used to go to many years ago taught me to say..."My spirit bares witness with that."

Technically, it was actually, "My spirit does NOT bare witness with that." After some member had given a "word"/prophesy/interpretation that seemed clearly wrong during a service, and the head pastor acted all happy about it, I happened to mention to one of the associate pastors that I wanted to talk to him and tell him I didn't think what the person had said was right or from God. The associate pastor *quickly* told me "DON'T tell the pastor that you think it was wrong...tell him, 'My spirit didn't bare witness with that word.' "

Hogwash! A few words from Mr. Mxyzptlk would have been infinitely better and much more fun.

Shundai, rhondagottaablue Hyundai.

I have a friend who told me (and was quite serious) that when she wanted to speak in tongues she would say "shouldaboughtahonda...." (with something tagged onto the end I never quite heard what she said...) to "help" her start speaking in tongues :duh:

Must be universal charismaticspeak? ha.

Shundai, rhondagottaablue Hyundai.

I have a friend who told me (and was quite serious) that when she wanted to speak in tongues she would say "shouldaboughtahonda...." (with something tagged onto the end I never quite heard what she said...) to "help" her start speaking in tongues :duh:

Must be universal charismaticspeak? ha.

Which relates back to people just babbling and mumbling stuff and calling it tongues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back