Under what circumstances does a thread get closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vox Oculi

Puritan Board Freshman
Is it something an administrator does? Or is it something the thread creator does? Is it reversible? Is it none of these but based on an algorithm?

Just wondering. I've seen some recently active threads that when I clicked on, I couldn't post on because they were closed.

They used to automatically close after a period (a month?) of inactivity. Moderators will close them if they go south (frequently deleting the offending posts so it is not clear what caused the closure) or if the discussion goes in a circle. Sometimes a thread will be closed for a cooling off period but later re-opened. You may also see a closed thread with more recent activities - moderators will sometimes post to a thread after another moderator has closed it. And finally, as noted, some fora are closed for the Lord's day.

As a related matter, some threads can be widely viewed, but only responded to by certain folks (usually pastors or elders).

If you have a question about a particular thread, I would suggest taking it up with one of the administrators by private message.

Edification and killing off offense are the general rules governing closure, if passage of time doesn't kill a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back