Unethical profit making of Christian record labels?????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by smallbeans
The worker is worthy of his wage. You don't have to use copyrighted music in your church - you could choose pre-1920s hymns, settings, harmonies, etc. But if you do want to use copyrighted music, then you need to license that music for the intended use and it shouldn't seem odd that people who make their living creating music should also have a say in who can perform or publish that music.

As a professional musician and composer...:amen:

However, much of the "Christian" music as it circulates in churches, actually reveals whether it is a blessing "from God" or not. I was with John Wimber (now he knows) and all the Vineyard songs really became a money making operation. I never met a worship team "leader" that truly had Godly attributes...and always thought it was conflict if interest to insist that the song you wrote "came from the Lord" so that would naturally make you "special" "annointed" "untouchable".

The whole Christian music industry breeds heaps of self-righteousness and greed. Hmmmmm, sounds like the work of the Holy Spirit to me! (sarcasm)

:2cents:

R.

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
What's unethical about Christian labels is how horribly cheesy and awful their bands and music are.

I agree with you regarding some of what's out there, but that's a pretty big blanket statement! Are you saying that there are NO good bands and music in either Southern Gospel or Contemporary Christian Music?

I love the psalms. I love hymns. I also love listening to the Cathedrals, Steven Curtis Chapman, The Palmetto State Quartet, Michael W. Smith, Casting Crowns, The Blackwood Brothers, Twila Paris, etc., etc., etc.

Have you listened to the clips for the tracks (1 & 10) I wrote on this album? ---> http://legacyquartet.com/OneGoodReason.html

I'm especially referring to track 10 . . . "Grace for Me".

img44.jpg

[Edited on 6-30-2005 by biblelighthouse]

Originally posted by WrittenFromUtopia
What's unethical about Christian labels is how horribly cheesy and awful their bands and music are.

:ditto: To my ears it is like dentist chair music with some biblical words thrown in.

Originally posted by Slippery

I mean did David copy right the Psalms...

[Edited on 6-28-2005 by Slippery]

When David wrote the Psalms he was not thinking of money...but today... Did Fanny Crosby make a wad? I think not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back